Best components out of these, emphasising midbass

Username: Kracked_dude

Post Number: 1
Hi friends,

I am looking for a good overall sound quality speakers, with a special emphasis on 'deep satisfying' midbass. Music regularly played will be rap, electronic & rock.

Among the ones I have readily available in my country, I have shortlisted following based on my research:
JBL - MS 62C
Focal Performance PS 165 V30
Infinity - Kappa 60.11cs
Alpine - SPR-60C

Please suggest one out of these. And only if there is a significant improvement in some other brands like Image Dynamis, Hertz etc, I am willing to import as well.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1815
HAT and Polk Audio stuff will give you strong midbass and are cheap.

On the higher end Morel, CDT, Focal have all good midbass in addition to those you mention.

Many others, but bear in mind that proper amplification and an adequate crossover point are critical to boost your midbass, lastly when you have strong midbass you will run into rattling issues so likely you will need some deadening.

Username: Kracked_dude

Post Number: 2
Thank you Joe.

Focal is already in my list, & I am also considering Morel Tempo 6.

Do you think both will be better than JBL MS-62c, as I am inclining towards it.

Also, I am specifically looking for components that do not have even slightest extra bright tweeter. I can live with low midbass, but cannot stand a harsh tweeter. Which out of these you think will fit suffice that.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1823
I like JBL but I wouldn't put it ahead of any high end brand, at the end of the day it comes down to what you like though, try before you buy if you can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us