2 different amps have power, but no output

Username: 1996krt

Post Number: 1
I have a sony xplod 1000 w amp hookep up in my van, pushing 2 pioneer 12's. 3 days ago, though, the subs stopped working all together, not weakened, just cut out all together. I looked at my amp to see if it had simply lost power, but the power was still on, and the "over current" light was not on. The amp has a good power source, so i assumed either the RCA jacks or the amp were fried. Stranger though, i borrowed my brothers amp, which worked literally 3 minutes before i hooked it up, and it did the same exact thing. I have replaced all cords and leads except for the RCA jacks, and still no output what so ever. I do not have an extra set of RCA's that i know work for now, so could i use a RCA to 3.5mm as my input to test the output on my sub? is it possible that 2 subs (and a 3rd (good) one that wouldnt even power on) would have gone bad spontaneously? any help advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Username: 1996krt

Post Number: 2
2 amps* in the last sentence.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1814
Sure you can use a MP3 player connected with a 3 1/2mm to rca adapter to the amp to see if you have no input signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us