Are my Speakers blown????

Bronze Member
Username: Renzo95

Post Number: 12
Ok I have 2 6x9 3 way Kicker speakers and 2 6" 2 way Kicker speakers.. I got them a few months ago.. I had noticed that I had heard static from my factory speakers, so I got them changed to the kickers. I still heard a little static, and some stations are fuzzy, but on my friends radio it sounds fine.. I then got a new headunit, and though I cant hear the static as much, I can hear it a little, and then sometimes there is a lot of static.. But my Ipod hookup sounds fine, but the radio has static, and my bluetooth connection is also has static.. I dont get what I did wrong, because my radio sounded fine one day, but then it just started having static, and thats when I got the Kickers.. So is it my antenna or my speakers?

P.S. Does my antenna have any effect on how my bluetooth sounds?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1725
Definitely you should check the antenna, on the bluetooth connection what head unit are you using?

If the noise changes as you rev up your engine then you should check your power connections too.

Bronze Member
Username: Renzo95

Post Number: 14
I stupidly bought a Dual headunit, yeah I know they supposedly suck, but I have no complaints because the headunit is working good, and is better than the factory head unit and one of my friends who has a very nice audio system in his car told me that my headunit is actually pretty good, about as good as his and he has kenwood headunit and Im kinda confused how the antenna could be damaged because the antenna is built in my windshield

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1726
Noise comes most frequently due to bad grounding, HU must be grounded to the car chassis to the spot nearest to the HU location, also power wires have to be checked, but sometimes grounding do not fix an issue and typically you have to isolate the cause, for example by using an alternative hu, antenna. wiring, etc.

If at least one source comes out clean then you can be sure your speakers are not the problem.

Username: Carroll08

Post Number: 5
I think there is some problem in wiring. May be some wires are touching each other because of they melt their insulation. So you need to check all the wiring on the dash of the car. I hope every thing will be all right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us