Speaker Performance

Hello there, I am trying to understand this:

--1) if I bought one 12" subw. of 1 brand, with a Fs of 26 hz, and other in different encolosures with a Fs of 35 Hz, should I have a better (wided) freq. resp in low frecs?

--2) what about if an instrument in the song or piece playing (piano as a example), the resonance freq of the instrument is 80 Hz?, what would play these speakers?

--3) If one tweeter receive + 24db (+12 db from my car stereo -source- and +12 from my graphic eq) in 12 khz, may I damage it just for this db´s?, what if at low volume, I put another equalizer between my old eq and my head unit, and turn up de db in 12 khz?, (for a total of +36 db in 12 khz)?, may I damage the tweeter?

Thank You Very Much!!!

motoman22
Ricardo, I tried something similar once. I had two bandpass boxes with identical drivers but different tuning points. My theory was that when one box died out the other would kick in. Looked great on paper...

...but had the most peaky and odd sound I've ever heard. It sounded horrible, you may have better luck but I kinda doubt it. The IDEA is still solid but the implementation of it would be extremely difficult if you want a flat response curve.

The 80hz sound better only hit the subs...

Don't peak out the boost on every device you have, especially on tweeters. Set your gain levels to 0 and start listening to music...tune as you go to suit. If you start with them cranked all the way on each setting you will get horrible sound and may damage the drivers.

Hope this helps!

Ricardo Ruiz
So the 26 and 35 Fs' doesn't match in a system?, is this enough to use the speaker as the dealer or the brand recommends?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us