To reset or to re program the viper 5900 car alarm.

Username: Pichoni

Post Number: 1
Hi I need help here and will really appreciate a simple question. I have viper 5900 installed in my Honda CRV 2005. Couple of days back I left the cabin light on and so the battery was drained. I jump started and it was all fine but since then my vehicle does not start when I press the starter button of the remote control, the car keeps cranking, and then again repeat the cycle. Every thing is perfectly working in the alarm and security system except that I have to now start the car personally. I was wondering if I need to reset the remote control by pressing some reset button. I do have a dealer but he is going to charge me for that, so wondering if it can be done easily, will save me some money through you guys.
Thanks. and waiting for the answer.

Bronze Member
Username: Gaylordsecury36

Post Number: 18
I am facing such type problem also.

Free Home Security System

Username: Pichoni

Post Number: 2
@Gaylordsecury36..................After much thought I took my Honda CRV to Future shop and they reprogrammed it with in 20 minutes, so far all seems smooth and good. We have snowfall with windchill these days in St.John;s, Newfoundland and the vehicle is doing fine. I am afraid only for the times if my vehicle battery if died due to any reason, will this happen again and I will have to repay $60 again?.

If some one has any information as when battery dies, does the reprogramming of Viper security and start system has to be done every time?, this does not make sense to me.

Thanks.}

Bronze Member
Username: Gaylordsecury36

Post Number: 19
Thanks Pichoni!
http://www.gaylordsecurity.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us