Front stage question??

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 919
I have that 98 Ford Explorer, would just running a good front stage and then a good subs or in my case SSD's subs in back be good enough for a SUV that size?? And if so any good suggestions on a front stage? I have stock 5x7's in all four doors, but want to go with at least a 6.5 component set. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14751
yeah if you're not concerned with people in the back seats, then a front stage and sub is great. in your case yes, I'd either go with a 6.5" set of 2-way separates, or a 3-way front stage if you want better midbass response between your midrange and subs.
also be sure to use an amp to drive that front stage, not just a head unit!

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 920
Thanks, yes I will be getting an amp for front stage. And yes, I don't have people who travel much in my truck, I heard once from someone on here, don't remember who, said to go with mid bass in the back doors, is that feasible?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14756
that may have been me. yeah, midbass drivers are good for both midbass, and for rear fill depending on how you set the crossovers for them. you could put a pair of 7" pr 8" midbass drivers (they are much more shallow mount than a sub of that size) in the back doors, and your separates up front.

I put my entire 3-way system in the front, but I have a huge car, and had the room to do so.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 922
Ok, thanks for the help Glasswolf, any suggestions on Components? And possibly a mid bass brand?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14758
CDT perhaps? I used DynAudio for my front stage, but they tend to be a little pricey. I think mine were $1200/set

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 923
Ouch! But if you want the best you pay for them. I thought CDT myself, and Focal, but they are pricey too, but I want some good tunes. Thanks again.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14759
Honestly I'm just not as up on the current lines of 3-ways, so my recommendations won't be ideal I'm sure. I bnought my Dyns about 6 or 8 years ago (System 360 set) and I think I got them NIB for $850 on eBay but yeah, retail was 1200 everywhere else. 3-way sets are expensive. Usually quite a bit more than even a really good 2-way set, so you may still want to go with a good 6.5" or 6.75" 2-way separate set.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 924
Okay, thanks again for all the help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums