Hi, help needed with serial number and radio code please

Username: 94nclaneghia

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm Toney, a newbie from Land of Oz and I am hoping to find some help here if possible. I have an Australian model 02/1994 NC Ford Fairlane Ghia with a Alpine Premium Sound System fitted and I recently had to change the car's battery and now the radio is not working as it needs the security code which I don't have.

I removed the radio from the dashboard but it hasn't got a serial number displayed anywhere for some reason. Stenciled into the side of the metal case is the number 31 0268117 and on top of
the metal case there's a Ford sticker with 91DA-18B865-CA displayed which is maybe the radio part no? Is there a proper way of ascertaining the actual serial number if this isn't it?

I read on the internet that Ford radio series numbers are the 8th, 9th & 10th digit in the Ford radio part number (example: F87F-18C870-AA) .. the 870 being the serial number so therefore I am assuming with the number on my case being 91DA-18B865-CA .. my serial number is 865 or my series number is 865? Any help confirming my correct serial number and then sourcing a new security code for the radio would be great, thanks very much Toney

Silver Member
Username: Elektron1234

Poland

Post Number: 363
http://carradiohelppage.comlu.com/

Post Number: 2
Hi thanks for the link however, my unit has no other label other than the one I've described and with any barcodes or other such information on it.

There must be someway to confirm what the serial number really is with just the radio part number only...I can't believe how difficult this is to get the serial number and an unlock code..

Any other help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Regrooster

Post Number: 10797
Unfortunately codes for Australian Fords are not available for free or cheap from anywhere on the Internet.

Main Ford Dealer or a Radio Decoding Service only.

I'm fairly sure that the "code-from-part-number" suggestion is just an Urban myth and will never work.

You could try emailing this Melbourne firm for further advice

http://www.carstereorepair.com.au/ford_car_stereo_repairs.html

Post Number: 3
Okay, thanks very much for your help. Ill check out the link but yeah, I've pretty much now resigned myself to taking it to the Ford dealer where it was bought from to get it.

Cheers!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us