Renault Scenic 2005 beeping radio

Username: Anykey

Post Number: 1
Hi, I managed to get the radio working with the code in my manual. But now the radio beeps every 3 seconds! Is this a known issue?

Platinum Member
Username: Regrooster

Post Number: 10700
this is usually because a radio is VIN coded which means it has to be electronically linked to your car's electronics

Post Number: 2
Thanx for the reaction! I have entered the code on my manual and didn't get an error. Now only the beeps. So I wanted to set the code to 0000 for entering the code again but I can't get it to 0000. I used the 2 and 5 preset button or the + and - on the steering manual, but that didn't work. Then I loosed my + pole of my battery for a while, but that only made my clock blinking. The radio is still 'normal', only with the beeps every 3/4 seconds. I'm sorry, but I am not familiiar to the terms 'VIN code' and 'electronical linked'. What does that mean?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10712
VIN coded means that your car's VIN number has to be entered electronically into your radio's memory chip so that the radio is security tied to that particular vehicle .

This means that it cannot be fitted into another vehicle without being electronically linked to this new vehicle.

This is a job for your Main Dealer or a better option is a Radio Decoding Service

Post Number: 4
Hi, I just read your message again and it's the original radio wich was built in. So no new radio or vehicle...

Post Number: 5
In the mean time I loosed my battery for 14 hours, tried the 2 and 5 button, the + and - on the steering wheel but I can't reset it to 0000...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10837
If you have entered the correct code in this radio which is the original fitted into the car and it still beeps then I have no further suggestions.

If you are now saying it will not accept any code ???...then it may be locked.

Normally this is reset by leaving SWITCHED ON...UNDISTURBED until it has automatically rest itself.

If it still fails to wok then take it into a Radio Decoding Service
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us