NEED ADVICE: Subs and Amp

I have my heart set on JL Subs. I have a 98 Civic coupe so originally I figured 2 10W3s would do the trick but I found 12W3s for $169.99 and I thought that was a pretty good deal....do you guys know if that's a good deal? I could get 12W6s for $220, are they worth an extra $50 each?

I called good guys just to see what they sell JL subs for and one 12W6 is $450. hahah, very funny.

And the AMP is the big question I have, I have NO idea what amp to get and how to hook them up. I'm looking to keep this all under $600, so it would look to be $250 or so I've got to spend on the amp. A friend of fine knows how to install this stuff so no install fees to worry about. Also, what kind of box to get? sealed or ported? My friend has two 12W3s sealed and it is some of the best bass I've ever heard, but then again he put like an extra $200 bucks in his box, used like bullet-proof class or something, haha.

So anyway, any advice on this stuff would be much appreciated.

I just bought 2 Kicker Comp 10's and a Kicker DX350 amp to push them. My question is will this amp blow these subs or are the comps good enough to hold up??

Josh Vincent
I have a Kicker DX350 amp.. What do i
have to do to filter the music so that
only base passes through.. i thought
a mono block was suppose to do that
automaticly???

this is what i have and i am asking how i should put it together. i have two 10" rockford punch Z in a band pass box and some sort of cerwin vega 12s what kinda box should i put the 12s in? also i have a 2ch pyle 600w amp and a 4ch 400w alpine
should i put the 400 with the 10s and the 600 with the 12s? thanks for the advice email me at slapmonkey_16@hotmail.com thankz

I just bought 2 pioneer premier 10" subs. These subs have 800 watts max and 400 RMS. What kind of amp do i need to push these
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us