Batt links please.

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 247
Mybat croaked was thinking of buying an optima yellow top deep cycle bat but they're like 215$ for 700amps i really dont wanna spend that much atm so i need sum links for good batts around 150$ if its a possibility. kinda in a ruff spot atm when it comes to $.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
went ahead and got tha yellow top optima 750cca 870ca 199 where i bought it plus optima is haveing a 25$ rebate for this month i think it will be sufficient for 1200 watt rms.plus the warranty was better than cheaper ones i found online.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14657
If money is that tight, is car audio really the best place to be spending what you have?

why do you think you need a deep cycle battery? when/how do you intend to use it?
maybe a bigger alternator would be a better bet, depending on your needs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
already upgraded to bigger alternator when the old one croaked a couple months ago this time it was tha bat that croaked. i got the system for my birthday from tha wife a few months ago. i got tha duel purpose yellow top. starting and deep cycle.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14661
ah, so the battery failed. ok now the desire for a new one makes sense.
I'm not a big fan of optima, honestly. I'd rather use a good starter battery with a fairly high CCA, then use an isolator with a dedicated deep cycle for just the audio system.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1439
What alt do you have now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
i dont want to say its high output and get laughed at but its definitely an upgrade from what was in the car. original alt was 65amps i replaced it with a 90amp alt. i went with the optima because it had a 3 year free replacement and was only about 20-30$ more than the stinger bat i was lookin at. but with the rebate makes em evenly priced and the optima had 200+ more cca.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
why do u dislike the optimas if u dont mind me asking i always hear mixed opinions about them some hate em some swear by them. but thats about all ive heard never really tha reasons why.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14663
the additional 25A from that alternator should be enough to give you an additional 250 watts from a class D amplifier, so while 90A isn't a really big alternator, it is, as yoou noted, a step up. Typically I try to aim for a 150A or larger when going to a relatively high-powered audio system, but if you're not trying to deafen the neighborhood with the stereo, that 25A addition should be all you need.

As for the optimas, I dislike them for their failure rate. They just don't hold up well. I see too many of them replaced repeatedly by owners.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
My neighbor told me heard that optimas had a tendency to die prematurely. but if it does fail in the next 3 years i can take it back to o'riellys and get a free replacement thats the reason i bought it. my amp is a brutus 1200d. my electrical should be sufficient right? cars a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI only upgrade i've done other than my system that might use extra electricty is a walbro 190lph fuel pump. but ive stepped up the 25amps from the alternator plus an extra 225cca and 210ca from bat.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14665
you'll know if it's not enough. you'll hear the amp clipping, and see lights dimming, etc.. otherwise it should be fine.
if you're worried about it, just slap a volt meter on your electrical system when the stereo is on and see if voltages drop below 12VDC

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
Im fixin to install a cluster gauge temp, volts, oil pressure but i'm not haveing any problems with lights dimming or anything. i'm fixin to replace gauges with all aftermarket so i can monitor everything more accurately
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us