Post Number: 42
Upload
Upload
Upload
I would like mine to look like this for my 2 13w6v2

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1271
Should be damn heavy the MDF is really thick, I don't like very much the narrow port of the first picture.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 43
im wondering if ill be able to fit a ported for 2 13w6v2 in my trunk of my cadillac cts 08. and still have like at least a foot and half of space i would like to find the deminsions of my trunk but im in a horrible prison they call afganistan Ive been here for almost 7 months with 5 more to go. And all i got is u guys and my wife to chat with and unfortunetly she doesnt know anything about car audio lol. Infact she hates it. I got to get her a suv or van when i get back to put my 2 kids in so that i can get this set up. so the suv can be the family car and my cadillac can be mine all mine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
so Joe what do you recomend for me anybody's inpute is like gold at this point

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 134
get an AQ12 HDC12 with a 3.0 cu ft box ported to ~35 Hz. get the aq1200D for a cheap amp and there ya go.

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 135
or if you want to go bigger, get the HDC4 12 with 2 1200D strapped

Gold Member

Post Number: 1275
You best bet is building a custom enclosure for your subs based their parameters, trunk dimensions, type of music to listen, power etc..

Also you can build the suggested enclosure (slightly modified for two subs) on the manual, if done right it can be a way to go.

You should avoid cheap prefab boxes at all costs specially if not specifically designed for your subs.

I think your trunk should be large enough for those subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 817
I can't see the pics rite meow, but u should have no prob putting 2 ported 12s in a caddy trunk, cts or anything for that matter. Have u bought the JLs yet? Or r u just stuck on them and stubborn? Cuz I can completely understand that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
no I purchased 2 13W6v2 allready from sonics with a 3 year warrenty with the amp hd1200 from sonics now im designing the wiring cables the best of the best im also putting hid lights and i want the elicrical system to be good so i dont want to look like strob light riding down the street lol. but i drive a cadillac and they dont act right with none of the aftermarket stuff that car is beatiful but its worse then foreign cars to be american. Ive owned 3 of them so far there just too good looking. i remember i tryed taking out the 10' factory sub to let air pass through my cabin and as soon as i disconnected that sub the break lights stoped working. but yes i already got the subs when i get back im getting a box built for them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
this is my car that the subs is going in

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50

this is my car that the subs is going in

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
is this place dying out
has anybody heard anything on the new JL amps of 2012

Gold Member

Post Number: 1357
It's seeing little traffic these days, car audio is neither a widespread hobby as a while back, mainstream gear is really cheap (and sometimes cheaply made) these days.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 822
X2. The tepid, gray, ignorant masses prefer convenience.

But anywayz, good looking car man!

I'm just giving you something to read and respond to at this point, OOOO and i JUST realized you totally hijacked this thread. but it's OK. I'm not mad. What brand amp is the hd1200??
What motor that general got under the hood?

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 823
HAHAHAHAHA I just realized you did not HiJack this thread. cuz its urs, duh.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
JL AUDIO HD1200
JL AUDIO 1000/V2
ROCKFORD T1500
ROCKFORD T1000
THE CARS NAME IS SANCHA and shes a cts 3.6 on 22'

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 824
JL AUDIO HD1200 - sub amp?
JL AUDIO 1000/V2 - ?
ROCKFORD T1500 - ?junk sub?
ROCKFORD T1000 - ?junk sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THOUGHS AMPS ARE THEY GOOD OR NOT

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 6051
All four of the amps you just listed are very good. The HD1200 is among the best sub amps in that power class, and the price reflects that. You have a nice sub and a great amp, so what you need to concern yourself with is treating that trunk lid. It will rattle like a stanky old tuna can if you let it. A 50 cu. ft. roll of FatMat will do the trick. And since those Caddy lids are sometimes so thin, you might wanna look into some MLV as well.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 550
That box is horrible. Low quality. Nice car. JL is over priced. There is better for less.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
so what is good boxes made of

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14629
something that isn't smurf blue

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 827
1st sub box pic= too narrow port= whistling noise
2nd pic looks prefabbed= get that sht out my face
3rd pic is pretty cool IMO

Good boxes are WELL thought-out and planned. They typically use 3/4" or 1" MDF, with appropriate bracing and plenty of coarse-thread drywall screws (pilot drilled) and wood glue for joints, silicone for inside edge of joint. double baffle, recessed sub, quick-connect terminals, and cosmetic designs and/or protection from the elements to taste.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14634
ports on the first box might've been alright, although they should have been kerfed. It's hard to tell with no reference for dimensions. No way to tell what size anything actually is.

second box, you can't really see enough of it to tell anything for certain.

third looks hideously tacky.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
i like the third one is my favorit although i was thinking about doing a grean one and doing an incredible hulk theme that would be cool i believe amp rack i would like to do an iron man theme

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14639
this is where personal taste and preference comes into play. I prefer a more concealed, cleaner looking install that's more elegant and tidy looking. Flashy colors and neon lights that scream "llok at me" I leave to the kids. I'm more interested in how it sounds, than how flashy it looks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
VERY TRUE GLASSWOLF you have convinced me to change my mind on it. i too well go for a clean concealed finish 'i just cant find the amp that i want to use i want to buy from woofersetc but i dont know anymore

Gold Member

Post Number: 1424
woofersetc is damn expensive.. not surprised you want to buy there.. they do have some hard to find stuff though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
yeah but nobody else sells the 1000/1v2 so i have to go with woofersetc im going to take a chance and buy from them before i can never find that amp anywere lol im fucked if anything is wrong with that amp ill go to there warehouse and demand a refund or swap
what do you think about the JLHD1200 IS UP THERE WITH THE 1000/1v2

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14645
maybe instead of the JL, look at an equally good amp, such as the Sundown Audio 2500D.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17274
that blue box is 1 of the gayest looking enclosures i have ever seen ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us