Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 32
This is my set up
2-13W6V2 1-JLHD1200amp ported inclosure
The Epicenter - Salmon Gray
Rockford Fosgate RFC10HB 10 farad compacitor
Kicker Big 3 Kit
I am currently in afganistan designing and doing research on my new audio system with all of this equipment well i still need a HO alternator? i would like to know now so that way i can plan and take away the 10 farad compasitor and just do the alternator depending on what you experts comment on this. I have an 08 cadillac cts and there not the easiest vic to work on. everytime you put something in this car thats not supposed to be there it messes it up. please provide inpute

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1256
That cadi has a 150A stock alternator no need to upgrade with that amp. The big 3 and good power cables to the trunk (minimun high quality 4awg, recommended 2 awg - better be a little overkill). An audio specific battery is good idea, Im sure the stock battery is old by now.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 34
what kind of battery its very small and its in the trunk a small batery thats why i chose the hd1200 its the size of a laptop
im doing hid lights i dont want to look like a strobe light riding down the streat, the compasitor im getting is a 10 farad RF compasitor is that good? to get rid of the flutter of lights while im pumping down the road i plan on getting highs and mids front and rear but im only going to put like 200 watts to them well i still be good without the alt?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1261
A 150A alternator puts at least:

150x12 = 1800W

That's a lot of power so you need nothing but a good battery, if you want to use the capacitor, that's fine, what it does is maintain voltage steady which is good.

Use a deep cycle battery made for car audio, something that fits your car. That's about it.

The wires going to your amp should be 4AWG or thicker. Not Walmart stuff though.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14585
"Capacitor"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums