Help with amp....plz!

J Pruett
My wife's car has a Jensen 300 watt amp( yes I know it's crap, but its all she needs) powering a pair of Pioneer 10's. It is hooked up stereo and everthing was fine. The other day she was driving along, and the rear speakers stopped playing. I looked at everything, and it was all still hooked up correctly. The speakers work fine, the green light on the amp is on; but no sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
Check ur Speaker wire thats hooked up to the amp could also be the remote wire but If light comes on then ur gettin power from ur car battery so Couldnt be ur power Wire.

J Pruett
I tried a different set of RCA's from the stereo, so that doesn't seem to be the trouble.

Moses
check your speaker wires with a multimeter... your wires could be shorted...

J Pruett
I get nothing coming out of the amp...

Moses
you mean no power is present on your amp?

J Pruett
No, the power shows to be on in the amp. I mean I read nothing coming out the speaker outs on the amp.

motoman22
JPruett, Amp may have popped.

J Pruett
Anyone else have any ideas? The damn amp is new...

Anonymous
Protection mode is activated,disconect power to amp.are you trying to run a 2ohm load,or what? If you are,it's not going to work. what ohm speakers are you using?

J Pruett
The speakers are 4 ohm. The protection light is not on, only power.

Anonymous
J PRUET, IS THE FUSE TO YOUR REMOTE WIRE BLOWN?/ TRY THIS, TAKE A JUMPER WIRE:DISCONECT THE REMOTE WIRE FROM THE AMP:CONNECT THE JUMPER WIRE TO THE 12 VOLT POWER GOING INTO YOUR AMP,THEN TAKE THE OTHER END OF THE JUMPER WIRE AND HOOK IT UP TO THE REMOTE INPUT ON YOUR AMP. IF THE AMP COMES ON,THEN YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR RECEIVER AND LOOK FOR THE BLOWN FUSE TO THE REMOTE WIRE.( LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS YOU.) GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous
J PRUET,MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD SOLID GROUND TO YOUR AMP,I KNOW ITS A PAIN IN THE BUTT. BUT THEN AGAIN, I WILL HELP YOU ALL I CAN. WHAT WE KNOW IS THE AMP IS GETTING POWER,BUT THEN AGAIN,IT TAKES TWO POWER WIRES TO MAKE IT WORK./#1.MAIN POWER. #2.REMOTE POWER.(TO TURN AMP ON AND OFF.)+ A GOOD GROUND. DID THE AMP GET REAL HOT,OR SMOKE,OR GET SHORTED OUT?? DID THE AMP (CLIP)ANY? WAS THERE ALOT OF DISTORTION BEFORE IT QUIT? WHAT SIZE POWER WIRE DO YOU HAVE GOING TO IT? ARE YOU RUNNING THE AMP POWER WIRE FROM THE BATTERY? SOUNDS LIKE 12000 QUESTIONS HUH. WELL ITS A 12000 QUESTION PROBLEM.

Anonymous
J Pruet, i am so glad you got over your problem with your wifes amp. i agree that the best thing for you to do was to throw away that junksen, come up off that wallet and go buy a real amp, so the nice lady could enjoy some music. im sure she deserves it 100%. Best wishes, to you & yours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us