New Amp Help?

Bronze Member
Username: E3_overkill

Post Number: 99
ok recently ive got two new SA-12, and kind of build a new box. didnt turn out to great. but it was my first time and you learns from mistake. ok anyway im trying to find and new amp for running the 2 Sa-12. i wasnt sure if i should run them at 2000 @ 1 ohm or 750 @ 1 ohm. Joe has helped me out lot along the way so mad props.

My Amp choices feel free to give opinions:
Autotek M4000. 1 Max Mean Machine
RMS power rating
4 ohm: 500 watts x 1 chan.
2 ohm: 1000 watts x 1 chan.
1 ohm: 2000 watts x 1 chan.

MB Quarts ONX 1500. 1
RMS power rating
4 ohm: 500 watts x 1 chan.
2 ohm: 1000 watts x 1 chan.
1 ohm: 1500 watts x 1 chan.

so in your guys opinion which amp should i go with. ive never use either of these company's before. im not to sure on their quality and if these amps are any good or not. what i mean by the is overheating true RMS or just plan bull.
thanks for the help.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14580
the sundown SA-12 is a 600W sub, so you can feed it as much as 800WRMS per sub, total.. so 1600 watts RMS would be the largest amp you'd want to use.

I assume you have dual 4 ohm coil subs, so a 1 ohm load with both in parallel?

If so, both Audioque and Sundown offer amps in this output range that'd work quite well for you.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1124
Ok E3, look for CEA-2006 certification to see if an amp will do rated.

The MB Quart (hell I thought that you were runinng this one) does rated, the Autotek some people claim the new ones don't do rated.

Audioque and Sundown are solid alternatives but more expensive, HiFonics will also do as long as it's CEA-2006 certified.

One question, did you build the 40Hz?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
well i got it to able 41 hz. at 1.4 cuft. i trimmed it down just enough to make it fit in my car. so it not far off from the original box design you created for me. and i thinking about going with the MB Quarts Q series that comes with the clipping. Well that autotek says it not CEA-2006 certified. But the Mb Quarts Q series is certified. So Joe i shouldn't even brother with is if its not certified?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1126
If you can find someone that had that Autotek amp clamped and found it to be doing well then ok, one other thing you can do is look for the db-r electronics refurbs, are safe because they are authorized service center for Sundown.. some of those amps are in mint or near mint condition. Much lower price than new.

But bear in mind that if you are not delivering the right power (amp + electrical) to the subs then no box will make a difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
so is that a website or something i can look up? and yeah i know exactly what mean mean with the power. So i look up with refurb amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1128
Sure:
http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67_69

Unhappily they are not on sale right now and have few amps but sometimes you can find worthy deals over there.

There are many deals out there if you don't want to spend much and get above average stuff.

Username: Jose_guzman

Post Number: 2
can haveing thin wires without a fuse as power and ground cause protect light to turn on and would combing wires give same result

Bronze Member
Username: Mkeets

Post Number: 29
I agree with Joe go check out db-r and try to get a saz 1500 refurb for cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Mkeets

Post Number: 30
They actually have one of the older models right now you should pick it up. Especially if you're running those subs in a sealed box they'll most likely be able to take all the power that saz 1500 can throw at them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us