Everstart Marine 125amp hour deep cycle battery

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 358
I have a 042500hd, all diesel trucks have 2 batteries under the hood. Both batteries are 800 cca. Alternator is 105a I have a kicker 800.2 40x3 fuses on 2 cvr 12's and alpine mrp 300 25x2 fuses on highs/mids. 170amps total for car audio only. I'm wondering if I need to take out the extra car quest battery and put in the everstart deep cycle 125a battery or a stinger spv44 rated for 1320 watts or a optima yellow top? Am I getting the power I need from a extra starting battery or would I notice a night/day difference if I install one of the 3 deep cycle batteries?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 847
Alpine MRP-F300 = 4x50@4 ohm, kicker 800.2 = 800W 2x400@2 ohm.

P = 0.7x( 200/(12x0.7) + 800/(12x.85)) = 71.5A (Average current for music)

Your stock electrical system will hold. If your batteries are old just exchange them both (not one, same model), if you are to put deep cycle batts that will be fine as well.

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 359
How did you get 71.5a? I thought you just add up all the fuses on the amps and thats would be the current you need?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 853
I thought you were going to ask..

No, amplifiers should never reach the rating of the fuses unless a malfunction ocurrs in your system, hard clipping and such, also the fuse ratings is used to estimate if you are being cheated about output (like those 1500W amps with a 10A fuse).

You estimate power consumption as RMS power delivered/ amplifier class efficiency. And since you are playing music and not a test tone (sine wave) you are not expected to take up energy as fast, thats the 0.6 you see above.

In your case the only reason to use 2 deep cycle batteries is if you just use your system for long periods of time with your vehicle turned off which you shouldn't do.

I was just wondering if your kickers met your expectations??

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 364
Uh they're good enough but I want more deeper bass whats a good 15 under $150 to put in a sealed box I'd say the max cu ft that would be deeper than the 2 cvr's? I don't know how to work the linear team graph. I could have 1 15 sit on top of the seat like you suggested about 1 12 but I want deeper bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us