Amp/Speaker wire Gauge

Username: Chrisinoregon

Post Number: 6
I just recently purchased 4 Infinity Kappa series 6x8 2 way speakers for my Ford Focus that are rated at 100 w rms and 300 w peak. I'm pushing them with a Phoenix Gold RYVAL v754 4 channel amp that is rated at 130 w per channel rms at 2 ohm's. Since these speakers are 2 ohm speakers, should I worry about turning down the gain? Also, am I gonna be ok running the factory speaker wire or should I install heavier gauge wire for these Infinitiy's? Lastly, do you think this amp is a good amp for these speakers? Thanks...Chris

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 707
Yes Chris, you should go through the standard gain setting procedure to both reduce noise as possible and reduce chances of damage to your speakers, you should not worry about the gauge of the speaker cables and that amp is good choice for those speakers.

Anyhow the gauge for powering the amp is important and should be 4AWG, and you may high pass the speakers at 60Hz, that will help them perform better.

Username: Chrisinoregon

Post Number: 8
Good stuff. I'll keep my factory speaker wire the way it is. Thanks for all the tips.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us