4 Channel Amp for Components

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 365
Hey everyone! I've been out of the car audio game for a few years now, but I recently got out of school and have a job. Job = Money = Upgrade car audio.

I have some Infinity Kappa 6.5" components that are 90W @ 2 ohms and I'm looking for an amp to power them, and possibly a set for the rear. I was considering the following:

INFINITY 475A - 90Wx4 @ 2ohms, $175

RE Audio XT800.4 V3 - 100Wx4 @ 2ohms, $150

MB Quart ONX4.80 - 160Wx4 @ 2ohms, $150

HIFONICS HFI55.4 - 110Wx4 @ 2ohms, $160

HIFONICS HFi HFI100.4 - 200Wx4 @ 2ohms, $170

Some of the amps put out more power than I need but it gives me room for speaker upgrades in the future. I was just wondering if these are decent amps and if anyone has had experience with them.

I'm not sure if the brands that were "good" a few years ago have changed, or if the prices given seem fair for the quality. Just looking for some input from some people who know what they are talking about, and this site has been great for that in the past. Also, if anyone would recommend any other amp around that price range, I'd appreciate the suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 694
Pretty decent amps for the price, HiFonics I don't like very much full range amplifiers, I would only add that if you ever were to upgrade speakers you will find that most are 4 ohms for that reason I would recommend something that is a little more powerful but within your price range:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27474_MB-Quart-ONX4.125.html

This one will handle practically any upgrade you could ever have in mind.

If you at some point consider subs a monoblock can be considered as a second amp.

Infinity speakers are known to deliver little bass-midbass.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 366
Thanks for the info!

So if I were to also get a Fi Q15 with dual 2 ohm voice coil, wired parallel thats 1500W RMS @ 1 ohm, would the MB Quart ONX1.1500D be a suitable amp? Then I'd be able to purchase the 4 channel amp and an amp for a sub and save on shipping.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 697
The MB Quart ONX1.1500D would be a perfect fit for a Fi Q double 2 ohm coils.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us