Selling my AQ1200D

Bronze Member
Username: Royalewitcheese

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 13
Well I took everyones advice and purchased the AudioQue 1200D and it didn't work out for my W7, now I'm stuck with it. The company won't take it back because there are a few scratches on it. I tried selling it on craigslist and it didn't work. I've got it on ebay now, but where else can I try and sell it? I really would like to recover as much of the money I spent on it as possible. Any help?

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 333
why didnt it work for you?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 651
To start the W7 impedance will not match the AQ. How the W7 is running on a different amp?

Silver Member

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 337
i wouldnt know i dont use JL stuff...

Silver Member

Post Number: 655
Not bad stuff Ricky, if it's fairly priced that's another matter.

Jonathan, they recommended the wrong amp for that sub as far as impedance matching but I would very much like to know why you didn't like it.

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 14
I didn't like it because the W7 is a 3 ohm speaker. At 4 ohms the AQ1200D only puts out about 400 watts RMS and the W7 needs at least 750. It's a great amp, puts out 1200 RMS, but only at 1 ohm. Thats why I didn't like it. I didn't do proper research because at the time I didn't know any better, but now I do so I'm going with the Slasher Series 1000 watt rms from 1.5-4 ohms. 1000 watts RMS all the way.

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 15
Oh I'm sorry, Joe, I haven't yet recieved the new Amp for it. As soon as I do I'm going to make a video of it and put it on youtube. It should be super banging though. My buddy had the exact same setup in his Acura TL and it was the best thing I've ever heard in my life.

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
The 1000/1 is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Yes it will drive perfectly the W7, I would have done just the opposite, buy a Fi Q 15" (1500W RMS) drive it with the AQ and sell the W7.

But I guess that if you like what you heard there is no need for searching further.

Silver Member

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 339
^what he said.... get the q you will be happier...
@Joe... i know they are alright... but way too over priced and over used as well as... too mainstream for my liking...

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1393
You still selling that AQ1200? I'd be interested in buying it from you.

E-Mail me at joseph.spose@gmail.com if your interested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us