Right speaker louder than left

young
Unregistered guest
I have only two speakers in the front of my car and it seems when I sit in the driver's seat, with default settings on my HU, that the right speaker is louder than my left speaker. They are both new speakers. It only seems "equal" sounding when I position my balance two notches to the left. I've heard of the left speaker sounding louder, but not the right...What could be the cause of the right speaker sounding louder?

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 305
Does the left speaker sound "funny" at all?

-Matt

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 425
Proably what it is is something called time correction. Your sitting closer to the left speaker then the right therefore you are blocking some sound coming out of the left speaker and not the right speaker. If you moved to the passenger side the left speaker would proable be louder due to you blocking some sound from the right speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 843
Yep. Exactly what davids said. Ideally you would change the mounting location to somewhere that your leg doesn't block the sound, like kick panels or angling your current door location.

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 310
Seriously, I never would have even gone there.

-Matt

young
Unregistered guest
Matt: The left speaker does not sound funny, imo.

davids2004/John: All I have right now are the factory default mounts in the door and I have already pointed the tweeters my way. Should time correction totally fix this unbalanced scenario?

Also, I'm guessing that if I have a passenger in my front seat that this will totally screw up my "driver only" custom settings. Am i correct or not?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 845
No, timing won't fix it since you're already closer to the left speaker. It's an issue of how loud the left speaker is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us