Dynaliner/Xtremeliner

Bronze Member
Username: Zbruski

Post Number: 50
Anyone have anything postive to say about these products? Can you really notice a difference using this in conjunction with dynamat...is there little difference when comparing it to dynamat by itself? I already have dynamat xtreme and want to know if I will notice any difference.

Username: Madmike5spd

West Point, PA USA

Post Number: 3
Peel & Seal. $15 a roll in Lowes or Home Depot. Works better and a lot cheaper.

Username: Inprogress

Post Number: 5
are you serious

Username: Madmike5spd

West Point, PA USA

Post Number: 6
yep. Works great

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 15
you would be suprised what you can get at home depo that helps with sound quality. Dynamat sells a 3ft by 5ft peice of lead wraped in two thin layers of foam. Its like 300 bucks. You can go to a pluming store and get a layer of led the same thickness and sise for around 30 bucks.

Username: Midnightss07

Post Number: 7
where at in lowes would u look for that stuff? liek what department?

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 42
Just walk around and look. I have used floor carpet padding (flooring sect) for a second layer of sound deadining. (under the factory carpet) Used a lead shower pan (pluming dept)for the peice I was talking about in the first post. I have used the spray foam (also in the pluming department) To fill in areas that were raddeling, that I couldn't get to. I have even heard of people using heavy duty roofing paper and spray glue instead of dynamat.

Username: Fahrvegnugen

Oklahoma City, OK U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
Not to drudge up the dead posts here, but I just discovered that a bulk box of Dynamat Xtreme (36 sq ft) can be had off Ebay for under 100.00... This is truly not as cheap as the stuff to be found at the Hardware stores, however I can speak from experience that the Dynamat Xtreme works well! I went crazy and put 2.3 boxes of it in my Rabbit. The difference is astounding! I am in the process of using expanding foam in the cavities both for noise abatement as well as stiffening the chassis...

I have not used fatmat.com either, but I would be interested in it since it is cheaper...

Hope that helps,
David
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us