Kappa and reference for Honda

Username: Hausmann

Post Number: 5
I would like to put new speakers in a 99 Accord coupe. I am now (thanks to Matt) aware of shallow mount problems. I think I'm limited to a 2 inch depth in the fron doors--is the Infinity Reference 6.5 inch my best bet? I think I can fit Kappas on the rear deck (6x9). If so, what makes the best sense for my situation--2-way or 3 way? Does a set a of refeences in front and the Kappas in back seem like a good idea? I know it isn't great but it has to be better than the stock stuff I have right? I already ordered a Pioneer P4600 head unit. Obviously, my budget is limited--just trying to make the best choices I can afford and that I can actaully cram in my shallow mounting area. I really appreciate all of your help. While I'm on the subjet, I have never owned an amp and can't really afford one but what would be a reasonable suggestion for my setup (and lame budget--I don't want crap but I'm also not an audiophile). Is it necessary for my situation? Thanks agian

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 297
Best budget buy is Infinity 6002si up front with an amp (probably Hifonics). Forget the back deck and concentrate on the front.

-Matt

Username: Hausmann

Post Number: 6
Matt,
I'm addressing this to you because you answere promptly and with knowledge but I'm certainly willing to take opinions from all. You think I should forget about the rear deck completely? Without a sub won't I be completely lacking bass without those 6x9's? What is the issue of adding those rears? Just trying to learn a little. If I'm scrapping the rears completely then I could spen d more on the front 6.5's--any other shallow mounts that are nicer than the 6002si? Thanks again.

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 90
If u add rear fill you can add mid-basses . If u add 6x9's you will increase distortion + you will loose soundstage.... 6x9's are not known for quality sound because of there shape. The more speakers you have the more distortion you will generate... Adding a sub will be neccesary for a good sound system... I recommend for the price range - Infinity kappa perfect 6.1 for the front and an IDMAX v 3 for a subwoofer. If your always into sound quality. Get hifonics amps as well they are good amps for the price. These amps have a subsonic filter. Where can u find an amp with a subsonic filter for that price around ??

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 301
Andrew, he cannot use Perfects because of the Honda mounting depth.

Ben, unfortunately there's a pretty big gulf in quality for shallows. There's only one other midgrade shallow I'm aware of, and that's Clif Designs PX6.2. They're 2" deep with sweet coils currently on sale at Audio Warehouse for $86 (a very good deal):
http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/PX6.2/detail.asp

After that, you step straight up to the Focal 165V Slims, which run $250.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us