Need an amp for these killer subs

Jay F
Unregistered guest
I am installing 2 12 inchers 1800 w each xploits, from sony, and um the kid has a legacy amp (LMAO), anyway the subs, don't bump for crap, so obviously he needs an amp, but what should I get the kid?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4182
the subs aren't 1800 watts.
they're usually about 350 watts RMS each.
a 600 watt mono amp would be fine if you have two single coil 4 ohm subs.

LMAO@U
Unregistered guest
Jay you must not know much yourself. Your saying LMAO @ the Legacy but yet you call Sony subs KILLER I'm LMMFAO @you for thinking those are killer subs. Another reason those subs don't bump for crap is NOT all because of the amp it also has to do with the *SUBS* and enclosure. And the INSTALL. If the (kid) wants killer subs tell him to get a 12" RE triple X or JL 13W7 or 15" Adire Brahma. And have a Professional install them.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4183
scary as it is, I've seen a few cars using Sony P5 subs win SPL events. Usually in the lower classes, but still, surprising.
The problem is non-round subs have reliability issues and they are less than ideal for SQ.
I'm not a sony fan at all myself, but the P5s can certainly get loud in the right slot vented enclosure with the right amp.. sad, but true.

LMAO@U
Unregistered guest
Yeah Glass I know what you mean. But if you had to choose between the subs I listed above and sonys which would you choose. The RE triple X's I thought so lol. What I meant was even if they have won any events they won't last anywhere near as long as a good quality sub. Nor will they sound anywhere as good as a quality sub. So no they aren't KILLER subs. I think the only reason their in SPL events is because SQ is not needed in that type of event. I can think of lots of lower level subs that would have more SPL and SQ then those P5s are any sony sub. Hell I would take Audiobahn over those.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4193
well, it's not a fair comparison honestly.
a P5 is a $60 sub. the RE is $360.

To answer your question though, I'm personally using two RE 12" in my current project.

Jay F
Unregistered guest
The subs I have are DVC so i dunno if i should get two amps or not, second off LMAO@U I am here for help not for freaking insults, I mean do you have a thing for legacy amps? Are you poor? BTW I know sony isn't the best subs but give me a break the kid just walked into circuit city and bought the best subs they had to offer so kiss mine

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 303
how much are you willingto spend on an amp?

Anonymous

LMAO, what is your prob man. you dont need to make fun of him because he has sony subs. maybe they're not top of the line $300 subs, but maybe he likes them and he's pumped about getting everything hooked up. maybe those subs are killer to him (and his friend), and thats all that really matters. so dont post anything like that ever again.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 427
anonymous why dont you register. you sure do talk alot of smack on the boards here.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 267
davids2004 not to be rude or a nything but have you ever noticed that when you post there is an option that says "post as anonymous"? to be honest its a bunch of people that im sure are registered who use this because they want be d!cks but dont want to cathc a lot of crap from everyone. Dude do what glass said and youll be doin alright

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 435
Yes I see that but I bet they arent registered. Why register if you dont have too.

Anonymous

kinda of like this.

LMAO@ALLOFYOU
Unregistered guest
F*ck all you puss*es. There is ONLY 2 people that know anything and thats Glass and Jonathan. The other ones here are just plan @ss stupid. And Davids I think is the stupidest one of all. And this stupid idoit was saying lmao at a legacy amp but yet he has SONY subs which aren't much better if ANY. And to Anonymous you may want to stfu cause I will be posting on your moma next kid. D@mn babies.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 269
silly children and their name calling

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4218
ok the subs are DVC.
with Sony that'll be dual 4 ohm coils, so a pair of 2 ohm subs essentially.
if you go with one amp, you'll want a 2 channel (stereo) amp that puts out around 300 watts RMS x 2 channels @ 2 ohms.
OR, you can use one monoblock amp per sub, and get a pair of amps rated for 300 watts RMS each @ 2 ohms.
the JBL BP300.1 would be an example, and sells for around $150 I believe, each.

ideally to use two subs, he should have gotten two single coil 4 ohm subs, or two dual 2 ohm DVC models.. that'd give a 2 ohm load to a mono amp and he could've gone with a relatively inexpensive 600wRMS x 1 @ 2 ohm amplifier for about $250

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 438
LMAO@ALLOFYOU

You must be the stupidest of all. You dont even know how to register and I havent see you post any useful info at all.

Jay F
Unregistered guest
yea some guy at circuit city was saying i should get the some jbl's. You think i should get two of them? And I seriously have no idea how the hell to hoook up DvC's I've never even seen them.

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 119
JBL is a great brand theyve been making speakers and such since 1946. and yes there better then any sony or legacy product. o and by the way who ever disses other ppl about there stuff are just a bunch of sad losers.! people buy lower end stuff because they might not have alot of money but want a little bass and the product sounds good to them. everyone start down the road some were. so just give em a break. if u have no advice to say but to diss other ppl then dont waste our time.

Username: Ridinthewaves

Frederica, DE

Post Number: 2
true true...Sonys aren't up to par some of the higher end subs...but for the money...and that your getting...i dont consider them a bad deal... Granted your probably not gonna set car alarms off ridin down the street...but its enough to turn heads... Not sure which style they are...but how do the Sonys with the Silver/White cone preform...i've only ever heard the Red ones

Username: Ridinthewaves

Frederica, DE

Post Number: 3
true true...Sonys aren't up to par some of the higher end subs...but for the money...and what your getting...i dont consider them a bad deal... Granted your probably not gonna set car alarms off ridin down the street...but its enough to turn heads... Not sure which style they are...but how do the Sonys with the Silver/White cone preform...i've only ever heard the Red ones

D-Loc
Unregistered guest
ok first of you all are very childish to start dising on that guy he may not have the greatest subs but still there beats none then less alright with that said go to http://www.cardiscountstereos.com not only will you find a bad a$$ deal but you also will find a bad a$$ pair of subs too plus for you amp i would not go with a sony amp there truly a peice of $h!t i personaly go with a mtx or audiobahn or even spl trust me find a cheap but nice mtx and you wont me sorry

Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 6
Dude if you have the money, go with the directed 750d. and since those are dvc's you can wire it down to a 1 ohm load and get 300w RMS into each of them. It's an extremely efficient amp, only downside is itll run you about $380.

Unregistered guest
hey people can you please advise me which amp to use on a 18 inch jbl 1000 watt competition series touring sub woofer.really confused so many amps to choose out thier.

Mema
Unregistered guest
Hey Guys. My rear right channel stp working, I got it repaired and they told me that they replaced the mosfet. Ok fine whatever. When I hooked it back up, the quality was better than before. The gain and LPF was set lower than before. I could believe it. People thouht I bought another AMP? Could you explain how this was possible plz.... I got a 4ch 1500w Amp with one pair 6x9's connected at rear channels and 2 900w subs (4ohm) bridged and in serie.. Is this OK??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us