Is this a good worthy system?

Username: Honda1997import

Post Number: 3
a kenwood amp (600 watts) and 2 pioneer subs (10" 350 watts each). please give me your opinionUpload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1382
The Amplifier that you have is a Kenwood KAC-728S. Specs goes as followed:

100 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms x 2
150 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms x 2
300 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms x 1 (Bridged)
Not Stable @ 1 Ohm

The Subwoofers appear to be a gray cone with a black dustcap. With the 350 Watts that you mentioned above, the only thing that fits the description is the Pioneer TS-W26C. Only problem, is that this is a 10" Subwoofer. The 12" version is the Pioneer TS-W28C. Please post the model # of the Subwoofers that you have if you can.

Regardless, those older Pioneer Subwoofers were all SVC 4 Ohm at that time. The Kenwood KAC-728S will be able to power each subwoofer as long as there on there own channel at the 4 Ohm load.

As far as your original question goes, all of these items are very old, and who knows what type of condition they may be in. Also, neither of these items were top of their class at that time. I would suggest looking into something else.

Gives us a buget and we can find you a system.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 441
The question is good for what, if you are into deep cheap I guess its OK, so have it tested for at least half an hour at full power and pay no more than $80 for all.

Username: Honda1997import

Post Number: 4
it sounds good enough for me..and i traded my paintball gun for it lol so i aint tripping.

Username: Hurtswhenilaugh

Post Number: 1
Wow! This is really good.. COOL!!

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 562
Good enough for $80?? or I just advised Joey to pay too much.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14549
OP, that's not a "system" it's just an amp and subs.. where's the head unit? the component speakers for everything above 60Hz? what amps do you have to drive those speakers?

Otherwise, there are better subs than Pioneer, and Kenwood amps have a high failure rate. I'm not a fan of anything Kenwood makes to be honest. Nice looks, and crap quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us