WHY DOES MY AMP POWER LIGHT TURNE RED ON (PROTECT) every time i turn it up please help!!!!

Username: Honda1997import

Post Number: 1
well this happend today i was obsulty bumping my system and out of no where my system stopped working like the power botton is on and its green but when i turn it up it turns red on (protect mode) can any body help me resolve this problem please please got a car meet tommorow.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 414
If you were just installing I would say check here and there but if it was working and stopped and stays on protected mode most likely the amp is all done.

You may try to disconnect the speakers and turn on to see if it still goes into protected mode if it does not maybe there is something with the speakers (but unlikely), anyways you should find out what happened to prevent having the same problem later.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14523
check your wiring and make sure the ground is good. make sure the gain isn't turned up too high, and if it still stays in protect mode, the amp probably failed.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1380
I agree with Glasswolf above. Below is a video on how to properly set your gains:

[video missing]

Username: Honda1997import

Post Number: 2
yeah wiring is all good and yeah stays green when not connected to the speakers but when connected and music get turned up it goes into protect mode...how do i solve this problem.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 425
Most likely the amp is blown but try connecting one speaker at a time just to see if it happens with one of them only, also check all the wiring on your speakers. Even inside the enclosure if those are subs.

Better would be a multimeter but you don't have one.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14530
if the amp is working at lower volumes, it's not blown.
it's either the gain being set too high, the amp is wired at too low of a load, of the car's cahrging system isn't ptoviding enough current.
this is assuming it's not a bad ground point and the power and ground wire gauge is sufficient.

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1335
^^^^^X2^^^^^ GlassWolf is 100% correct on this one. I couldn't have said it better myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us