What do you think of this HU?

Username: Amaru

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 5
hey guys im in the market for a new HU cuz my old clarion skips like crazy...what do you guys think of the Kenwood KDC -MVP7019 ? let me know ur thoughts, thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4159
it's a kenwood.
comes free with built in high failure rate.
just another added feature offered to you, from Kenwood.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 97
lol

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 399
Why do you say kenwoof has a high failure rate. I ran a kenwood for 2-3 years without a problem. Glass I know you are very popular on the boards and I respect your opinion but when you dog a product shouldnt you have something to back up your opinion on it. If not then its just that an opinion. Hope I dont offend you at all.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 400
Why do you say kenwood has a high failure rate. I ran a kenwood for 2-3 years without a problem. Glass I know you are very popular on the boards and I respect your opinion but when you dog a product shouldnt you have something to back up your opinion on it. If not then its just that an opinion. Hope I dont offend you at all.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4206
you ran "a" kenwood for 2 or 3 years.
good for you.
I never said they all fail. They have a high failure rate.
My shop dropped kenwood the same way we dropped sony due to the high return and failure of their products.
their speakers are lacking at best, their amps have a high failure rate and so do the head units.
good pricing, nice features, but they don't hold up.

If over 13 years of professional installer experience, MECP Gold certification, and a degree in electrical engineering don't give me enough backing for my opinions, then ignore what I have to say.
That's your right, and I take no offense, but if you're going to post threads saying things like "what do you think of this product?" be prepared to get honest answers.

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 23
lol i had kenwood hu and eq and it sent distortion thru my whole system and exploded my woofer into many many pieces.

I'll never use kenwood in a system with subs or anyhting with any amp. They are ok to replace factory stereo if you don't have a cd player in it other then junk :D

I was hopeing after 7 years they gotten better :p

I replaced it with a denon in dash receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us