Harmon-Kardon system behavior

Anonymous

I have a new (to me) car w/ what is supposed to be a pretty good sound system in it, as far as I know (I'm a neophyte in this area). The system has eight speakers, a subwoofer, an amp, a 6-CD changer (Alpine on that, not Harmon-Kardon), and a head unit. I don't know any of the details on the wiring.

What I'm running into is that the four speakers in the back seat seem "under-powered", for lack of a better explanation. When I fade the system from front to back, the volume drops dramatically and I lose much of the "fullness" of the sound even when I raise the volume.

My expectation is that moving the sound from front to back shouldn't cause this kind of loss of quality, but I don't know much about these systems. Does this sound like normal behavior, or should I get the system looked at?

One other thing: one of the speakers on the right-rear side has an audible pop/crackle when the system is powered on or off. Some other posts mentioned checking into the grounding of the speaker. Is this the only thing that can cause this type of problem?

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us