Alpine 9833 problem

Username: Boaz

Israel

Post Number: 1
I own the Alpine 9833.
I have a problem that it turns off sometimes on high volume (22 and up, especially when there is high bass).
I've checked the fan on the back and I can see it doesn't work. Should it work all the time?
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4138
the fan only triggers when the head unit runs hot, which shouldn't be all the time.
what's happening is your head unit is going into protection mode from drawing too much current.
did you run a dedicated 10ga line to the positive battery terminal for the head unit, and use a chassis ground to match?
what's connected to the head unit?

Bronze Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
Yes. . . the audio shop that I bought my CDA-9835 off of (same deck essentially except different display) said it was impertive that you run a direct wire to the battery. Otherwise, he said that at high volumes the deck will cut in and out and will look like crap :P

Good luck!
Bryan

Username: Boaz

Israel

Post Number: 2
Thanks!
Well, I didn't install it by myself, but I don't think there is a direct 10ga line to the battery.
Do you mean a regular installation uses a different power line?
Do you have an installation guide on how to do that?
How do I wire a 10ga line to the battery?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 24
I have a sub and amp in my trunk, so I just tapped into my 4 guage power wire that runs to the trunk. I just spliced it under my driver's side carpet, and then ran a wire from the to the deck. It seem easier that way than having to go through the firewall again.

This is probably against installation etiquette, but oh well :-)

Regards,
Bryan

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4228
nah, that works. as long as the feed is large enough to handle the current, which in your case it is, that works just fine.
I used a similar trick in my jeep for the Alpine since I already had power line run for the amp.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 26
Cool :-)

I thought that an installer would freak if he saw it :P Good to know it's not an embarassingly stupid thing I have done :P

Regards,
Bryan

Username: Hoss

Welder, California Usa

Post Number: 1
the problem you might be having is that when the amplifier pulls to much power from your head unit , the unit can turn off.
the best thing for you to do is to run a relay
most people running big systems rely on relays to turn there amps on and keep them on
you can use an automobile relay they can be a bit tricky to install. e mail me and i can give you some advice on installing it.

Username: Hoss

Welder, California Usa

Post Number: 2
you can go to www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#drto
and get the info there on installing the relay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us