Help: When self installs go bad!

Unregistered guest
Today I installed a Pioneer 7600MP head unit along with a pair of speakers and an auxilary 12v outlet for my iPod.

Everything was working fine before I pieced my dash back together. After I put the hu in the dash, it no longer worked (The hu is DEAD).

I have no idea what I may have done to cause it to stop working.

Here is what I checked:
1. fuse on hu is good
2. radio fuse in fuse box is good
3. i have verified power is going to hu by using a voltmeter at the connector of the harness

What else can I check in order to identify the problem?? Any thoughts?

My only thought: the voltmeter would not read any voltage from the Acc wire when the key was on Acc. Isn't a signal supposed to be sent to the hu?

Another question: I hooked up my 12v outlet ground to the same screw that the radio ground uses. Will this add any noise to my system?

Please help me!
thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4139
see if the unit has a reset button and try that, otherwise teh unit may have gotten fried when you shoved it back into the dash if one of the power lines popped out and toughed bare metal.
I've seen it happen before.

marksmith
Unregistered guest
problem solved. the fuse for the radio was loose, therefore no power...i rigged it to get a solid connection and now it works.

thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4144
you said you checked the fuses.

Bronze Member
Username: Arlo

KY USA

Post Number: 14
well, sounds like the fuse was "good" (not blown) when he checked it but wasnt working since it was loose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us