Looking fot good SPL sub

Bronze Member
Username: E3_overkill

Post Number: 51
Hey guys im looking for some suggest on good SPL subs. I need 2 12. Inch subs. That handle about 750 wrms a peice @ 1ohm. So they need to be dual 4ohm. And i only have about 1.75 cubic foot per sub. Soo i need something that can fit that bill. And not to expensive either maybr around 200 per sub or cheaper.
Thanks guy for the time.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 301
wow, thats tough. price has me drawing a blank. maybe an audioque hdc3 12. a pair of used 12s could be had for 400, but new has me stumped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Dang, what do you think about kicker cvx 12's or alpine type r 12's (new model) alpines arent really an SPL sub are they ?

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 687
The L7s can b had easy like cheap bbeaters and when they start makin funny noises, turn them off and only play them for the kids trying to buy em. But really tho, them subs baaang

Bronze Member
Username: John253a

Post Number: 58
In his price
2x Alpine SWR-1542D in 1.75cuft sealed ea
2x kicker cvx154 in 1.8cuft sealed ea
2x Pioneer TS-W3002D4 in 1.6 cuft ported
2x Alpine SWX-1243D in 1.75cuft ported
2x RE Audio SXX 12 in 1.75cuft ported
Myself idd do 2x typeR15 or cvx15 in a 1.75cuft ea. sealed box if it was my car
But if hes dead set on 12" idd get him to strech the budget to 280ea and get 2x 12" type x

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
We'll now he told me he was looking at two 12inch JL Audio w3v3-4 in and ported box. Each sub getting 2 cubic feet. And then running them @ 2ohm. Cause the amp he has now will do 1000 wrms @ 2ohm. And 1500 @ 1ohm. And i said 1500 to much for those subs. Am i correct? Cause i thought they were 500 wrms? Not to positive.
Thanks guys for all the answers.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 326
The JL Audio w3v3-4 are single coil so 2 ohm is as low as those can be wired (in parallel), if the amp do 1000 at 2 ohm then that setup is perfect, also will do SQ.

Now if he wants to get the full 1500 he should go for DVC 4 ohm subs. Just check that the sensitivity is at least 87 dB or maybe it wont go louder, the cvx 12s will go louder but are strict SPL.

Also should check that that amp is not overrated like some older hifonics.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Nah its not. Its actually the MB Quarts 1500. 1 oxyn mono D. And its ture wrms. Soo sweet i'll recommend those to him. I told himd the website hes probably reading this anyways haha. But yeah that a good setup ?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14506
does it have to be a pair of 12"? Why not a single 15" with the total budget?
Look at the Fi BTL 15
www.ficaraudio.com

Bronze Member
Username: John253a

Aust.

Post Number: 61
Youll easy get 2x 15" in 4 cuft sealed and theyll sound better and go = if not more louder the thoes 12" + there good for 1500ws at 1 ohm conbined
2x Alpine SWR-1542D
Or
2x kicker cvx154
in 2cuft sealed ea

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 327
E3_overkill, both the CVXs and the w3s (for some SQ) are decent SPL setups to look at *for the price* and will fit that amp perfectly. No guarantee you will like either though.

Guys like you that are concerned to mess up need to go see lots of setups in action, also the box, mess up on that and it will sound like garbage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us