Wiring subs

Bronze Member
Username: Dcollister440

Post Number: 17
So I hooked up my rf power 1500bd, put the inline fuse in, installed the scosche fused distribution block, I installed a 300a fuse on the inline, and have a 150a between the 1500bd, and an 80a between the p400-4. I have two svc 10" audiobahn (audiotrash, I know I know!!) subs, just wanted to beat em up until I purchased a real subwoofer(thinking about a fully loaded FI bl 15"). So I didn't want to wire my subs down to two ohms and destroy them like two seconds after I powered my amp on, so I twisted two wires together and put them in the positive side, and twisted another two wires and put them into the negative side of the amp. I wired up one sub and left the other sub unwired with the wires just dangling (Freaking idiot! I know I know, I was just too excited to hear it work man, I've been bassless for too long!!! my haste made major waste....about $100 that I didnt need to spend) blew all my transistors, even the ones I just had gotten repaired....it's back in the shop and gonna get it back tomorrow. Just wanted to know if I am able to wire my subs like that. twist 2 wires together and put them into the positive side of the amp and run it from the amp to the positive on both subs, and the same with the negative, or is this a problem?

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1172
What's the model of the Audiobahn Subwoofers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
aw1051t 10"....it says 300 watts on the back....i went to audiobahns site and they don't have a aw1051t they have a aw1051j which i guess is just the newer model. I also didn't realize that my subs were dual voice coil, and i was wiring them at 8 ohms...that might have been one reason the amp messed up....

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1173
Oh man, do those bring back memories. That was actually the first Subwoofer I ever owned, lol.

In order to wire up these Subwoofers to your Rockford Fosgate 1500bd, your going to need to wire them in Series/Parallel to create a 4 Ohm load. Below is a link to show you how it's done:

http://images.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

On a side note, these Audiobahn Subwoofers really can't take much more than 300 Watts RMS, so be carefull when adjusting the settings on that Amplfiier.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
thanks joe, you're always good help...did you blow em after a while?

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1175
No, I never blew mine. I had about 150 Watts RMS per sub at the time and they sounded pretty decent for what they are.

When I sold my car, I just let the subs go with it since I wanted to upgrade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us