@ joe s

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 124
which are better sealed 2 alpine type r's or 2 re audio sex 12's or should i get another l7 to go with the 1 i got? just in case u don't remember me my last thread was questions about a square kicker.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1150
How could I forget about your posts D Loco, lol. I remember our last conversation very clearly.

Before I answer anything, there are a few things i'd like to know first:

1. When you say Type R's, are you looking into the old Type R's (SWR-1242D) or the newer Type R's (SWR-1243D)?

2. How much space are we looking at to make your Sealed Enclosure?

3. What amplifier are you planning on using? And if you don't know, what's your budget to spend on an amplifier?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3606
Out of just those 3 choices,I say 2 Type-Rs hands down. I cant speak from personal experience with anything from RE but since they teamed up with US Amps Ive read numerous posts about how both companies went way down hill. But thats just what Ive read around the car audio forums. As for the L7,I have heard them in a buddys car and I admit they are freakin loud!!! And IMO they dont sound too bad either. How long will the L7s last? Well thats another story. I remember your last thread and seen the pics of your L7 and honostly it didnt look like it was in that great of shape so if I were you I wouldnt use it.

Bottom line,the Type-R is a great overall SQL sub. It has been since Alpine started making the Type-R and you rarely see bad reviews about it. My first decent system was 2 12" Type-Rs in a sealed enclosure off an MTX amp and I loved that setup. Even years after having those and a handfull of different subs and setups,I still think the Type-Rs hold their own. Especially for the price. Get the Type-Rs and give them anywhere from 400-600wrms of clean power and you're set! If you need help with an amp,give us your budget and we'll go from there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
i believe i can build up to around a 4 cube box probly just a little less. and ill probly get the hifonics brutus brz 1200.1d. was thinkin the aq1200d but with the price raise it kinda changed my mind. and ur right that l7 is pretty old but still beats out my trunk. but i think it might last a year if im lucky. a little while back i was wanting the type r's but my $ didnt work out right. if yall have kids u know wut im talkin about. i was thinkin swr-1243d or those re audio sex 12. reason being i have yet to find an l7 for under 200$ so it would probly be cheaper in the long run to buy the other 2 than 1 l7 because i would probly need to replace the 1 i got next year any ways. plus ive got a little hatchback and is loud is the 1 is by itself it would probly be ridiculous to run 2 lol. also my buddy has to dd510's he wants to sell for 250$ and i was kinda thinkin bout buying those.

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1153
If you can find the older version of the RE SE's on Ebay or Amazon, I would say go with those. The newer version, the sex's, are not as great as their older brothers.

Overall, I would prefferably go with the Apline SWR-1243D's. It's just a great overall Subwoofer like TWiZTiD stated above.

IMO, that Kicker isn't going to last much longer. I'd say clean it up a bid, and sell it while it still works.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
thats wut i was thinkin about doin with the l7 lol. and ive been wanting the type r's for a while. i think theyed be good in my little hatch. oh and i see it a lot so i have to ask wuts IMO stand for?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3616
IMO "in my opinion"

http://www.internetslang.com/

Its 2011,get with it brother! lol

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1155
haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
well i knew quite a bit like hmu and atm and lmao. alrright not quite a bit but knew those. imo and ftw i didnt know lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
oh $h!t man thanx for the site. lots of stuff i didnt realize was even being abbreviated lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
how big of a box should i build to seal 2 swr1243d. would 3 to 3.5 insulated work. and if so when u build a box do u have to take away the depth and size that of the speaker from the inner surface area? to find true cubic feet

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
how big of a box should i build to seal 2 swr1243d. would 3 to 3.5 insulated work. and if so when u build a box do u have to take away the depth and size that of the speaker from the inner surface area? to find true cubic feet

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14441
3 cubic feet of air space for the two subs, plus the displacement of the drivers (spec is given on the thiele-small parameter sheet)
If you don't like how it sounds with 3cu ft, fill the box 50% full with loose dacron (pillow stuffing) which will have the effect of increasing the box volume by about 10%. Should sound great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
thank ya thank ya appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us