Question about new system

I have a 94 3000gt with 3 audiobahn awt10's. I really messed up when i got them, they dont sound how i want. I dont know a whole lot about car audio, but I think I want to get the jl 13w7, and power it with the tarantula 2000x1 amp. Anyone have an opinion on that idea? anything better i could do? I also would like to know if anyone prefers focal 136w's or the oz matrix 180cs's for my component system. i have looked for hours on info about all this and came up empty. replys would be awesome. thanks.

Hydro
Josh The 13W7 is an awesome sub Ive heard alot of good things about it and that amp ur talking about is Top of the Line with Sound Quality and Spl.Im not sure if the 13W7 can take the amps full power so u might wanna turn ur gains down but yea that combo will work Great as for the components go with the focal's.

Thank you very much for your reply. I've posted at several other forums with no response. Good to know good people here. Why would you pick the focals over the oz? Just wondering. And you really think 2000 watts is too much for the JL?

Hydro
Well the JL 13W7 can take alot of power dont get me wrong but a true 2000 watt amplifier will more than likely cuz that sub to distort heavily and I'd say the focals components cuz Ive heard alot of good things about them and I use to own some Oz Components B4 and I wasnt satisfied.

Josh
thank you hyrdo

motoman22
Focal's rock, literally. LOVE those drivers...just hate the prices

lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us