Help, friend in need...

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 318
Alright here is the deal a friend of mine wanted a system and instead of coming to me he went and got screwed...

The guy he bought stuff from raped him... he got a gorilla sub in a prefab box, a crappy loc, bottom barrel alpine speakers(the cheapest crap) a USED 200watt clarion amp, and a "2500 watt" audio pipe amp... over 1000$ and his dad did the install... needless to say I heard it and it sounded like crap, all distorted and harsh on the speakers(not even that loud) and the sub sounded awful...

I told him take it all back and we would figure it out... Anyone got any thoughts? He has a toyota, i forget what he said he would text me the info soon...
So budget build entry level....
1000 for cdplayer, speakers, amps, and sub+box
Used is ok but he wants it to sound good but also be able to get to a decent volume...

ANY thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3574
Clarion amps are pretty good and do rated power and also Audiopipe amps supposedly do rated power too. Actually Audiopipe are the new "budget" amps eveyone is reccomending on CACO. So maybe its just the install? I would make sure all the gains and other settings are set correctly before going and getting all new stuff. But eventually he could replace the speakers and sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11911
I could sell ya 2 RE audio SR 12s with box for $200. And I will be in VT next month so shipping could be zero. lol.

I'd bet he's actually got a ~1000 watt amp there, the audiopipe, so that would actually work well with those subs. And I do agree the clarion may be worth keeping. Might want to just return the sub/box/speakers. For budget speakers you could move it up to the Alpine type R... tons better than the lower line type S which no doubt is what hes got.

Silver Member

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 319
well the clarion was one i had never seen, it was blue and didnt seem quite right... and as for speakers looking into some used decent ones be hertz, focal, rainbow, cdt or something else... looking at an IA 187 12" and a saz-1000

we shall see...

Username: Tattooartist4life1969

Howard, South Dakota United States

Post Number: 1
Hey people,
New to the sub scene, but not music ok. I listed what im runnin, its not great, but kills the kids here in town. I want to put in a 1200 watt Xplod amp i found...
Let me know ur advice guys....

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1262
Wait...what?

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1162
Lol at Art ^

But on a real note at Donnie West, it's not nice to hijack someone else's thread. Create a new thread for your question and people will help.

At Ricky, there's too much for me to say about this thread on my phone, so I'll throw I'm my opinion later tonight.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1164
First of all, Audiopipe? Come on... Audiopipe is garbage. I have never personally seen any Audiopipe product actually last more than a few months before failing. The reason why the price is so cheap is because they are poorly built on some factory line.

Alright, with that off my chest, lets get into building you that $1,000 budget system:

Alpine SWR-1243D:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24187_Alpine-SWR-1243D.html#tabs

Audioque AQ1200D:
http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

Pioneer DEH-P8300UB:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_31077_Pioneer-DEH-P8300UB.html

With this setup, you will be running the Alpine Type-R in a 2 Ohm load on the Audioque AQ1200D. The reasoning on why I picked these two products, is because if your friend is ever interested in upgrading, all he would need to do is purchase another Apline Type-R, and he'll be able to use the same Audioque AQ1200D at a 1 Ohm Load instead. This prevents the need for upgrading to a more powerfull amplifier and saves him money in the end.

The Pioneer DEH-P8300UB is a great budget Deck. It's CEA-2006 Compliant, has a 4 Volt preamp, 3 Pairs of RCA outputs, a SNR of 94 dB and has a great EQ. for under $200, your not going to find anything better.

I did not pick any speakers because I am not sure what size you need. Post the vehicle and year and I'll give you some suggestions.

Username: Tattooartist4life1969

Howard, South Dakota United States

Post Number: 2
My bad,
Sorry Joe, havent done many forums except the ones at Colorado Tech. Thanks for lettin me know about creating a new thread.
Have a good one!

Silver Member

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 320
Hey man, sorry i have been busy... Ok so the deal is he has 6x9 speakers front and back... i told him forget that and we will go with 6.5's...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us