Cyclone Audio.net

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 76
first off, go to this site: www.cycloneaudio.net

click on super batteries, read the info about that and here are my questions:

I am confused about the batteries. All you would have to do is wire the battery based on this diagram?Upload

why is there no need for an isolator with this battery/cap?

is this battery more of a capacitor or not? I ask that is because based on the diagram and this statement: " just buy the battery, install as you would a Cyclone Power cell or capacitor, and enjoy your music cleaner and longer.", that this battery/capacitor would be charged by parallel wiring with the amp(s).

I thought that when you add a second battery that you would need an isolator due to the potential mismatch in voltage of the batteries.

Also, how would this battery charge effectively if the voltage is slightly off from the alternator?

would that short circuit out the system?

Finally, is it possible to have a product out there that act more like cap with the storage of a battery that you can run parallel with your system?

Btw, I have emailed the company for their responses as well.

Unregistered guest
These are Batcap wanna-be's without the big name. As tested by Batcap, isolators are not necessary although secondary fusing is recommended after the Cyclone cells.

PS: I am the founder of this website and fully back my claims.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4085
the founder of what site?

if it's a capacitor or battery it's just being wired in parallel with the starter battery. you can do this with any two batteries though and get the same result.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 93
Alex DiDonato is the guy I received my answer from in email via sales at cyclone audio.

Yet, I did not get an answer to these questions:

Also, how would this battery/cap charge effectively if the voltage is slightly off from the alternator?

would that short circuit out the system?

and based from your answer glass, wiring the battery/cap in parallel would get what same result? this right here, "just buy the battery, install as you would a Cyclone Power cell or capacitor, and enjoy your music cleaner and longer.", that this battery/capacitor would be charged by parallel wiring with the amp(s)." or otherwise?

I have done my research and trying to comprehend it all; so please dont be irritated with me. I want to be absolutely sure about doing this, that if I have minor voltage drops, a cap may help out and if I have major voltage drops that upgrading the alternator is the next step, then the cap for smoothing voltage.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4092
the alternator still has to be able to supply adequate current to charge the capacitor portion as well as the battery(ies) of the car.. that will always hold true.

you won't short circuit anything per se. you'll just deplete the cap, and batteries if the alternator can't keep up, at which point you'll encounter problems with the car, and the amplifiers will begin to clip or shut off and go into protect mode.

this device appears to be a battery, or capacitor.. or both in one package.
this means they charge up from the alternator current. this thing would let you play the system longer if it is (partly) a battery when the engine is turned off, but you can do the same thing using deepcycle batteries.

a capacitor only helps if the voltage drops are occasional and brief. If your voltage rails sag continuously then you're pretty much exceeding the capacity of the alternator, and that needs to be upgraded as well. the capacitor really isn't meant to replace the need for a high output alternator. At best most times it will only mask the symptoms of the problem, as opposed to actually alleviating the problem itself.

Unregistered guest
Dude I would just get the isolator. Having two batteries takes power from the vehicles electrical system. When your car is running the alternator provides electricity to all of the main systems. If you have significant power drops from the system you are running then everyone is right, You've exceeded the current power supplying abilities of your alternator. The most appropriate action would be to get a deep cycle battery and the isolator put a Stiffening Capacitor on the audio system (I like to call it auxillary power) to smooth out the voltage and be happy. What would all that cost you. about, high end $200.00 low end $150.00.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us