Whats good?

Username: Mrlee75

Post Number: 5
I'm thinking about buying a new head unit but I'm not sure what's good out there? Any suggestions? What's a good brand? Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, Eclipse, Sony?

further on up the road
Unregistered guest
It's all good.
Here is what is bad.....
Hack installation jobs.
Mismatched components.
Audio stores that rip you off at install time.
Trying to judge audio quality with an untuned/untrained ear.
The products that are just 1 step away from having velvet elvis paintings and little waterfalls somewhere in the design.
Manufacturers that lie like hell on the specs.
The lac of meaningfull spec standards on hardware.
People who think it's ok to broadcast 20Hz notes for a 1/4 mile radius - mental issues here?
There is so much that is bad that in no way has anything to do with the hardware.
The hardware is all great - any brand.
It's all the other things - like designers, marketing , installers, and users that seem to be the problem.
So - stop asking what hardware is good because if you stop and think you'll see the hardware is not an issue. Other stuff is.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 31
Wow, someone has some issues in life...
I always love the ones who won't even use a name .

To Michael,
Eclipse,Alpine are top notch units, then high end pioneers. Steer clear of Sony and Kenwood. And yes I have personally owned a few of each.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 45
I have the Alpine 9833 ... and the HU works like a champ, never had a problem with it, very nice display different from previous alpine, boring 2 toned displays, but the quality of the HU is unbelieavable, i live by a very bump road with potholes and everything and it has never skipped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us