Please Help!! I am F*****ing Confused!!

Confused Desi
I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima with the Bose System. I am looking for a couple 12" woofers.... I was thinking about the 5 sided Sony Subs...but I can't make up my f****ing mind...I see good reviews and bad reviews on all brands..Audiobahn, Kicker...you name it...
I am NOT looking for a system thats gonna shatter windows...I need enough to rattle the car next to me....I need good quality bass.....Any suggestions would be helpful cuz I am phuking confused as hell....Thanx ey Lot

motoman22
Desi, which subs to get is mostly preference. You can easily shake the car next to you with cheapo subs and a cheapo amp...or you can get more sound clarity and longer life out of a more costly system.

The Sony subs aren't what they used to be. They aren't junk but you'll eventually want more. Not sure of your price range but you can get two 12" subs and a fair amp for about $150 or you can spend upwards of $2000.

I recently put a single Kicker 12" L7 sub in a Maxima with a cheapo Sony "200 watt" amp and it shakes the crud out of the car. The sub can handle a LOT more power than the amp makes but as it is, you can hear coming over a block away.

Look around, see what's on sale :c)

A Lil Less Confused Desi
Allright..I finally decided to get the Audiobahn8002T amp....I am looking for a sub now....I am considering trunk space in my car....therefore I only want 1 sub in there...I am going to bridge the amp...so its gonna give 800W x 1 @ 4 ohms mono
Any good subs come to mind....If i can get this..i'll be set...thank you

Anonymous
You will want a good name brand sub.. I like Orion's. Cheapo non-name brand ones usually blow quick even when under-powered.

Brendon
Bose sucks. For both home, and car. Go out and get an MA sub. Here, have your choice. http://www.maaudio.com/productcatalog.cfm?class=617 Try and find a dealer near you, MA's have huge punch. I have 1 15" 350watt RMS, it shakes my car like mad. The car next to me feels it to a bit. But hey, it's only 350watts RMS. Wonder what a 500-600watt RMS sub would do with a high SPL.

Confused Desi
Bose Sucks... I would have to disagree with that....i had a 95 maxima with the bose system in there..for the size of that system...that thing rocked pretty good....since they added that phoosee woofer in the new maximas starting from 2000... i don't like it...i would take their speakers over anyone..though....

anyhow...I got an Audiobahn Alum 12Q woofer(1100rms)...its dvc at 6ohms....would you recommend a subwoofer which gives 800watts x 1 @ 4ohms mono (bridged)..if not then what would you recommend...i listen rap..i also listen to soft music sometimes...thank you

Derek I.
Bose kicks a$$. I would give you head for your Bose system.

dd
confused desi, with your sub, your amp will be seeing a 3ohm load, mono. find an amp that is capable of running at 3ohm or lower in bridged or mono mode. btw, 600rms will be plenty of power for that sub, myself i think alumq's sound great. good luck desi, later

hehe, moto, seems like we got a couple 8th graders in here trying to cause trouble, i find it amusing when someone uses my name to post something that doesnt even sound like me. wow, ur good, people are really going to think its me.

zacdavis
hey derik i, i posted a thread that resembled your immature thread, i dropped a few names in it and mistakenly added mr.pist to a list of helpful audio enthusists instead of you, adding to that, mr.pistcauseheisgrounded is not helpful nor knowledgable, however we all know you are. thanks

motoman22
8th graders at most.

You can probably look at the times of their posts and see that it corresponds with Jr. High lunch hour.

Desi, looks like you got the right stuff. Hope it works out well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us