Installed new battery now amp wont come on

Username: Gunghoblazes

Post Number: 1
Hey im new at this whole thing, but my cars battery went dead so i bought a new one. i installed the battery went to turn on my radio. the deck comes on and says its playing music but theres no sound. i checked my amp and teh power light is not coming on. it was working before i installed the new battery. could i have blown a fuse? i checked the one at the battery and the one on the amp, and both look fine the wire inside is still intact. Could they still be blow though? I made sure to hook the power cables exactly as they were before. plz help any advice would be good

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1077
Anytime you disconnect the Battery, it is highly required to disconnected your amplifier from the Battery to prevent any damage from occuring. If you did not do this, if is very possible that you have blown the amplifier.

There is also a chance that a fuse can be blown. The most inportant fuses will be the ones on the amplifier and in Inline fuse under the hood.

Also, im not sure where your REM cable is installed, but if it is installed through a fuse in the Fuse Box, take a look there and make sure nothing is blown.

If everything looks good, make sure that you did not accidentally disconnect any Power or Negative cables for the amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us