Newbs wiring problem need help

Bronze Member
Username: Greedy

Post Number: 14
I recently bought a 10" dual voice coil sub rated at 4 ohms and I tried to wire it to 2 ohms by using the RF wiring wizard. The problem is after i went - to + and vice versa, I don't know where and how to run the wire to the +/- on the box. Do i split the wires? confused and in dire need for help. Thanks in advance for those who took time to answer a newbie question.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 287
Ok here you go. Run positive to positive and negative to negative. Then take one of the positive and negatives and run that to the box terminals.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I did run a line from pos to pos and vice versa for the neg, but my problem is i don't have any more room to run the additional line to the box terminal. I am thankful for your help though David. so pls update me on how to run 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
right now, I have 4 slots for the sucb since it's a DVC. I ran a line from positive to positive and negetive to negative, but by doing so, I used up the four slots and don't have any slots to run the subs to the terminal. I guess my main question is do I need to splice the positive and the negetive line in order to create a line to the terminal.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 295
Oh ok I see what your talking about. If you have push terminals then just stick more wire into one of the positive and negative push terminals and run it to the amp. just make sure its secure.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 188
a dvc sub should have positive and negative terminals on opposite sides of the sub. on each side you should have two terminals for your positive and negative connections. if you have the push terminals then do what david said. if not then i just dont know

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 298
If you dont have the push terminals and you have slide connectors alot of the time they will put two connectors to make wiring it easier.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I have a push terminal as you descibed aboved and the solution to my problem is to split the wires and connect them as the diagram shown in RF right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us