cd520
Unregistered guest
Vehicle- 90 Camaro

subs- 2 Kicker comp vr's in 1.92cf sealed per sub
midbass- Adire Koda 6.5's in 6x9 location
dash- 4x6's, undecided- comments welcome
amp- Memphis Belle 1300D 5 channel
headunit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X859 cd/mp3

Couple of questions, will Brahma 12's sound good in 1.92cf sealed? I plan on upgrading the subs sometime down the road. Second question is - I want to bandpass crossover the Koda 6.5 drivers. What do you suggest I use for crossover frequencies?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 745
Brahmas do better in smaller sealed enclosures, I'd do around 1.0 cu ft per sub and no larger. Instead of the midbass and 4x6 plates, I'd personally go ahead and get a Koda component system, it'll sound better than having 4x6 plates in a dash location and give better imaging if you install it right. You could make a plywood mount and put the tweeters in the dash 4x6 location, or just leave speakers out of the dash and put the tweeter somewhere else that would offer good imaging.

Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 1
does anyone have a suggestion as to which speakers i should get for a 1992 toyota 4-runner?the factory speakers are an odd size for the dash and i can not find any brackets that could help with another sized speaker. please reply because i can't stand the blown factory speakers much longer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us