Perfect amp for 2 Alpine Type R's?

Username: Flossin

Post Number: 1
I have two DVC 4 ohm 12 inch alpine type r's, and they were recently hooked up to a Alpine MRP-m850...but it wasn't enough juice to properly power the subs.

I've been trying to find a very good reliable amp under 300 dollars (i'm buying it off onlinecarstereo.com, they have amazing deals on everything) and I was wondering what your guys take on it would be.

I was thinking about getting this:http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_23916_Hifonics_HFi1500D.aspx

and wiring it to 1 ohm for a 1500 watt load to both of my subs.

you think this is a good choice? or not go with 1 ohm, or not even go with this amp?

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1213
http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

This amp would be perfect...

Post Number: 2
YeA I was thinkin that too...but i was plannin on pushin the 1200 watts fully (i like my bass real loud). You think it would overheat? I cant see the price because im on my phone but its like 230 im guessing. If im strapped for cash would the hifonics be a good choice

Post Number: 3
YeA I was thinkin that too...but i was plannin on pushin the 1200 watts fully (i like my bass real loud). You think it would overheat? I cant see the price because im on my phone but its like 230 im guessing. If im strapped for cash would the hifonics be a good choice

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1028
I agree with Art Vandelay. I personally have an Audioque AQ1200D for about 2-3 years now and have never had any issue's with it what so ever.

Also, Hifonics amplifiers never seem to put out what they are rated for, which is most likely why they are not CEA-2006 Compliant. On average, they tend to put out 80% Watts RMS of what they are rated for. In this case, a better rough estimate of what you might be seeing at 1Ohm is 1200 Watts RMS at the most. Could be lower...

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1214
I have an aq1200 also, I never had one issue with it. Ive never had that amp get hot on me either,and ive run at .5ohms before. My brother has 1 running his type rs in a 4cuft box tuned to 32hz and its pretty dam loud. I believe the aq1200s are around 260 or 270 now,not sure. I do know they went up from 249. As far as the hifonics goes,ive heard the newer ones are much better than the old ones but i have no personal experience with them. I will say that im sure that the aq amps are built much better and that they do rated power. I seen a test on one last year...something around 1450wrms @1ohm

Post Number: 4
looks like im getting the aq1200...thanks guys i plan on getting a custom 4.5 cu ft ported box tuned around 28-32 hz with 0 gauge wires...it's gonna be nice.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1216
For a box i would go here

http://www.dldesignz.com/

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1217
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/683513.html

Post Number: 5
Where is he located? I'm in North Jersey gotta see how much shipping would add on to an expensive box

Is 4.5 cu ft a good enclosure size, with a low tune (28-32hz)?

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1039
Open the second link that Art Vandelay posted. It is from Bassman3, who runs the website. He would be able to provide you price quotes on what you need.

The Alpine Type-R's are recommending a Ported Internal Volume of 2.0 Cu Ft each. If you have two Type-R's then the recommened Internal Volume would be 4.0 Cu Ft.

I would say the specs you posted on your last post for your enclosure specs sounds pretty reasonable to me. If you shoot Bassman3 a message, im sure he can give you other options since he's built enclosures for Type-R's before and how it would sound.

Post Number: 6
Alright thanks a lot that's what I'm going to do

Username: Jonjon38901

Post Number: 1
buy a hifonics amp they are real good and last a long time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us