I am stuck, need some serious help

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I just thought id post because i need some help. Here is my situation. About 5 months ago I made the bad choice of buying Sony Xplod subwoofers ( I had always wanted subs, and i knew nothing at the time) I also bought a MTX 311D mono amp to go with it

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=5574

( i bought this all from circuit city, ironic that i work there now :\) but anways, I built my own sealed box, turned out pretty well, and there is nothing wrong with my sony's other then they suck. Right now im at a point where i just want something... a lot better :-) Money really isnt a problem, but i dont really want to spend over 400 more dollars (i figure i can keep my amp, buy another that is somewhat cheap, and use both) i almost made another mistake and almost bought Audiobahns earlier today, right before i bought them, i decided to look at some reviews and people hate them. Now ive read through some things and come to the conclusion that I want some semi - expensive subs. My car: 1993 Jeep cherokee laredo. And for some reason it rattles like crazy (maybe its the sony's) So I need some advice. The favorites on this site ive seen so far are. Kickers, ADS, Adire, JL, and some others. Ive seen some good deals on ebay (that's where im hoping to buy my stuff from) for some eclipse (fujitsu ten) with a box for around 152. I see a lot of good kickers, from L7's to compvr's for around 200 some Adire's as well. There is 2 much to choose from, if you guys could be kind enough to spit out the best brand for me, wheather it be two 12's, one 15". I just need some advice, sorry for the long read. BTW there is 2 12" kicker Comp VR's that come with a rockford amp 600 watts and box for 200, donno if thats a good deal or not, but just let me know what i should do, im willing to spend the money for some really good stuff ( i like my MTX, so if I could combine it with another that would be good?)

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
I should probably state that i listen to rap only, and my HU is a Panasonic CQ-C5110U

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
I should probably state that i listen to rap only, and my HU is a Panasonic CQ-C5110U

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 270
If I was you I would look at a couple of subs that you have proably never heard of but are very good subs.

First is a Digital Deisgn sub. Look at the 1000 series. www.ddaudio.com

Next check out www.partsexpress.com and look at a sub called a dayton quatro. Those are some inexpensive good subs. You can see alot of reviews for the dayton quatro on www.splbassx.com and take a look for yourself

good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 271
Here is what I would do.

Get 2 of the dayton quatro 12s which seems what you want and they are svc 4 ohm. You can wire both of those subs for a 2 ohm load and get 300 rms out of that amp and proably still use the same box. Or if you want to build a new box get two of the dayton quatro 10s and build another box. Those subs are only 200 rms but can handle alot more power then that

So do two dayton quatro 10s along with your amp you have wired at 2 ohms and build you another box. Good luck.

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help, i guess I am willing to dish our more money than i planed. I will just sell my amp and subs that i have right now and just spend all that money plus whatever else. I am thinking about getting some Kickers, either compVR's or L7's. For an amp ill try and get a JL 1000/1. I am also thinking about some JL's (maybe 1 with a nice box) and maybe some other brands (anything you guys suggest)... help me out guys what should i get :-(

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
Ok, im down to either JL's w3/w6/w7, Kickers (15" L7, or some compVR's) or there is this good deal on ebay for two 15" eclpise (fujitsu ten) for cheap with a box... if you think i should get JL's please recommend how many and which type i should get, i am already going to get that JL 1000/1 amp i hope. Thanks sorry for the bumpage

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 27
If your looking for some really clear bass go with the JL audio 13 W7. It'll set you back but they are nice subs, personally i'd go with a kicker L7 or if you want to shell out a little extra, hunt down a Kicker Solo-x. The Solo-X will make your heart skip...

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
I really would like a 13w7, or even any JL(s) but now im stuck because i dont know what amp to get, It would be better if i could get the subs already in a ported box so i dont have to spend much extra. Argg.. i still would like a JL even if its one, but now the amp is a problem :\. what do you guys think about this : 3 12" kicker solo baric L7 Squares and JL 500/1 or around 500 bucks, comes with a box as well, only problem is if the box will fit in my car :\. Also im really liking these two 15 inch eclipse (fujitsu ten) subwoofers w/box for only 200 bucks. I donno, i might just spend 400 for a w7/w6 with a H.O. box, or 400 for a w7 with a 500/1 JL amp. I guess im just looking for some reassurance :\ And an idea for an amp, maybe you guys could set up a system for me and the price.. probably too much to ask but thanks guys

Anonymous

Two Adire Shivas - $250
JBL 600.1 amp - $200

That would be a nice setup with the right box, and it is only around $450.

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
That is true, how would two 10" w3's sounds with a JBL 600.1 amp, ive never heard them, and i guses no one likes the eclipse's. I dont really care how much it costs, i just want the best system for around 600-700

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 131
the MTX amp is what i am getting. you can get another Refurbished with a warranty on Ebay for
$100. then u have 600Watts RMS. You could get 2 JLw3s which would sound good. Eclipse in my opinion have awsome subs. The Shivas above are highly recommended from pros on this board. Your choice on the subs man. If you want more SQ Type Rs arent bad. Just test them out. Find what you like. Just not Audiobahn

ThisManNeedsHelp
Unregistered guest
Thanks man, i agree, i do want JL, or im thinking about the 2 15" eclipse with a box for VERY cheap. I love the MTX amp i have right now, what do you think about a JBL 1200.1?

thanks a lot!

Bronze Member
Username: Colorblind_2004

Post Number: 17
If you arent worried about your budget. Go with 2 JL 13W7's in a ported box. That will give you 2000 watts RMS, and you would have to get a pretty good amp or 2 to get the most out of them though. But you won't be sorry. I have 2 L7's, and they are louder than hell, but the only bad part is the stitching on them, and if you push them too hard that will rip. But yea, i'd go JL if you want to go all out, but Kicker is excellant also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us