Discount at knukonceptz

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 268
http://www.knukonceptz.com will offer anyone a 10% discount on your puchase if your a member of http://www.splbassx.com. The discount only applies to the order and not to shipping. So take your preorder total before shipping and thats what you will get 10% off of and shipping charges will still be full price.

When you are placing an order make sure to put you or a member of the site and your username in the comments box on page 4 of your oder and they will apply the discount for you or you can alwasy call and make sure you get the discount up front.

So join up and enjoy the savings.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 279
bringing this back up.

osc
Unregistered guest
Currently, I haven't had such a good experience ordering from this company - hopefully it will change and they will fix the problem.

First issue:
I purchased Krystal Konnectz 2 Channel RCA Cables from them and INSTEAD, without notification, they sent me Karma 4 Channel RCA Cables. I ordered one thing, then send another....

Second issue:
I requested USPS Air shipment over the phone and as a note in the Paypal payment (they agreed). I paid $33 USD for the shipment. It came via UPS Ground today with a hefty 'hidden' UPS brokerage fee. USPS ONLY charges for duties/taxes, hence my request to ship via USPS which remained unfulfilled. Lastly, according to web calculations, it costs $20 (quoted from UPS) to ship a 20lb shipment from them to me, they charged me $33 USD (quoted from USPS), why the extra $13 when they decided NOT to ship via USPS?

Unimpressive, I will update this as time goes on and see how they resolve it.
Oscar

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3994
that brokerage fee thing is BS. I had to deal with that once when I got a letter from Canada.
Apparently you're in Canada. Contact them by phone and get them to pay the additional fees or refund shipping all together.
have them cover the return cost of the wrong cables too.
tell them you refuse to pay $100 for cables barely worth $5

osc
Unregistered guest
I emailed them and I am waiting for their response.

Also, just to clarify, my order included (1) 4 Gauge Amp Kit, (1) 12 Gauage 150 Ft Speaker Wire, and (1) Krystal Konnectz 2 Channel RCA Cable.

Everything arrived great and in a timely manner, except for the RCA cables which were substituted.

GlassWolf, I agree with you - the hidden brokerage fee thing by UPS is BS. They advertise very cheap ground shipping to and from US/Canada, but eventually make up more than enough profit through the brokerage fees.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4001
yup. I won't use UPS anymore to Canada myself.
I go USPS only.

just out of curiosity, why not refuse the package when it came?
that way they take it back and you tell them to send it as agreed.

in the future, find a friend who's stateside, and have orders sent to them.
then have them send whatever you buy on to you as a "gift."
no added taxes that way.

osc
Unregistered guest
Actually, I did not accept the package myself, I came home from work and my dad had accepted it and paid for it, unfortunately.

This is actually the first time I have had someone ever ship me something non-USPS, when I had requested USPS. USPS Air is the way to go, about the same time and way cheaper in the end.

I was actually considering getting a mailbox/suite (not PO Box address) at 'The UPS Store' in Niagara Falls, NY to help save on costs. I could just pick it up and, if I felt like it, declare the price going across the border - that way I only pay minimal taxes/duties if they decided to charge me.

Here's another funny thing, I called UPS to ask why the brokerage was so high, here is what they explained to me:
$20 for the initial customs clearance
$6 minimum or 2.7% of customs clearance fee added as an extra charge
$5 COD charge

Talk about hidden extra fees...they charge you brokerage fees then they charge you fees to collect those initial fees...ridiculous

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 389
osc,

didnt you get it all fixed now. Please post updates on the issue.

Here is the updated info he failed to post.

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1933

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 125
I would just like to point out that not only UPS has those hidden fees, but Fedex has the same fees as well. Just a point of reference.

osc
Unregistered guest
Knu has said they are looking into return tag shipments with UPS and will see if they can get my RCA cables returned and send me the real RCA cables I ordered. They apologized for the mixup and said it was a common mixup because the two different cables were the same price.

Knu also apologized for the shipping mixup also and said they will refund me the $13 USD difference (USPS to UPS).

The sad thing is that the last I heard from them was Monday morning (July 19) - will keep you posted if I hear anything more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us