Infinity Perfect 12.1D problem

Username: Silpheed

Beverly Hills, FL United States

Post Number: 3
I am pushing two Perfect 12's with a 600 watt RMS amp. When the bass starts to hit to where it starts to really tremble my car, the spearkers clap. The best description is that the voice cole is hitting the back of the magnet. thats probalby what is happening but my buddy has the same subs just not DVC and he cannot get them to make the same noise. Both subs will do it, one more than the other. The only difference with the speakers between my buddy and I is my subs are brand new and his are used, mine our DVC and his are single.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 40
If they are brand new, you may want to let the subs run for a bit at a medium volume level. This is best described as "practice" other wise its like taking a sub that's never been run before, handing it alot of power, and telling it to take it as best as it can.

Just a guess...

Post Number: 6
I am praying that you are right. Otherwise I may have to turn them in and go else where. What do you think is a good burn in period. 10, 20 maybe 30 hours.
Anyone else run into the same as me. If so, how did you overcome and how.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 48
Well $#!t. Today I set my sub up in my room, home theater system, with about 150w pushing each coils (I have a kappa 12 DVC.--:-)) and I turn it up (my subs have had plenty of practice) to about 3/8 volume, and I get this noise like a wire touching the back of the cone every time it hits hard. I think it was bad luck from reading your topic *wink*

I don't phuccing know how to get it set up to where it won't. Only think I can even remotely think of ***dont do this*** would be to tape the voice coil wires down--lol

I wish you luck. If you do figure out how to dish the noise, E-mail me TrickedOutS2000@aol.com

Post Number: 7
sounds pretty similar. After paying a bit more attention to it, it would seem to happen at a certain frequency range maybe 40 - 50 Hz. Dunn o. I will you posted as I assume you will do the same. GL.
Late......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us