Shivas with Kicker amp

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 23
Is it absolutely impossible to run two shivas off of a 550.2 kicker amp, even if I take them to a professional installation place? I would really like to get shivas but with my amp I am going to have to go with two IDQ12s, which cost about $80 for both. The lowest I can find them for online is $170 a piece.

Also, if the kicker amp can't work and I deicide to sell it, what kind of amp under $300 would work well with the shivas?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
err typo I meant they cost $80 more for both

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 21
i would take the IDQ's over the shiva's any day of the week. go ahead and get the idq's and you'll be more than satisfied.

Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 5
you can get a jbl 600.1 for about $200 online, put them in a 1.5 cu.ft. per sub and you'll be set.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i was told that I couldn't run shivas off my kicker amp, so why would I be able to run them off of a jbl amp?

Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 6
i do. and it works quite well.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 741
The reason is because the JBL 600.1 is a mono amp, and hooking both subs to it creates a 2 ohm load. Your amp is a two channel, and the only option you have is to hook each sub to a channel of the amp, which puts a 4 ohm load to each channel, not putting out the power those subs should get.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us