New Box ideas

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 14
I'm designing a custom box for my 2 12" kicker L5's. I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty so i've got the space to make a good sized box, i've just got a few ideas. I want to have the subs facing up towards my roof for one but in the middle of them i want to make a flush mount amp rack. Also i want to flush mount the subs as well, im not sure how to go about this, i was thinking of mounting them to the 3/4" MDF like in a normal box, then haveing a piece of 5/8" or 1/2" MDF with the cut out to the outter perimiter of the sub so its as tall or a hair raller then the actual sub, this was i figure if i have a suitcase or something i can throw it on top of the box without killing the sub. Anyone got any other suggestinog on some cool ideas i could try to incorperate? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 381
Yeah, i know what your talking about, that will work just fine, it is done all the time. You got alot of good ideas, and the best thing is they all will work. Just dont rush the the box making, you wont be happy, take your time and think.

Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 3
you can also put a sub grill on there to protect your sub even more. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777&item=5708506794&rd= 1

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 382
I wouldnt put a sub grill on it, it will look bad, if you get a more revealing sub grill though it might be ok. I would stick with the i dea you originally had, it looks more custom.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 15
i might make my own custom grill out of a 1/2" piece of plexiglass if i can get the money to get a new dremel. Gotta love that little tool. Anyone else got any other ideas? I want to carpet it but i tried to carpet my last box and well...lets just not go there, it was too hard, i think i might carpet the outside and sides of each piece with black carpeting before i assemble it and hten just use some black screws, that a good idea or is that tacky? Any more ideas, keep em coming...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us