Post Number: 18
The car is a 1994 Plymouth Voyager

What I have so far:

Digital Designs 9917

6 cubic foot box with 90 square inches of port

(2) Orion XTR PRO 2400

Going to do 3 runs of 0 gauge to the back of the car

Poweramper Powermeter to run all the wire to

Autopage 850LCD alarm (does everything you could ever ask any alarm to do)

What I'm saving up for:

300 amp alternator

2 Stinger SP1700 batteries

Orion MBR70

Sound deadener, probably liquid and i'll spray it over the existing vehicle panels if i dont feel like taking the van apart

gonna tint the back window with limo and the rest according to state specifications

build another box tuned around 5hz below vehicles resonant frequency

Eclipse 8445 i believe is the model.

this will take me several months to save up for hence no competing until next year.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 19
so what do you think?

any suggestions on components?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 737
Sounds nice, Digital Designs make a great sub. What are you looking for in components, or prioritizing, anyway? Loud, or great sound quality, or a little of both? I'm guessing you're competing SPL. For sound deadening, consider lizardskin at http://www.coollizard.com/, with dynamat layered on top. Also, what's your budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i've saved up for everything that i have bought above. i have an orion cobalt cs150.2 amplifier but i don't have the plugs. im'll order those, theres a simple component amplifier there.

I'm looking along the lines of high quality, i can adapt with any component as long as the tweeter isnt harsh and kills my ears. My gf has some memphis components, the sync ones, and the midbass is killer, but so is the tweeter, to my ears. yes they are metal dome but so are my kicker k5.2's, but they don't hurt my ears AT ALL.

component sets im pondering:

Boston Acoustics Z6
Focal 165W3
Dynaudio 360
Resonant Engineering X+X+X set
CDT Eurosport 3 ways
Kicker SS components
something Rainbow Audio
Adire's new X+X+X equivalent

I'm willing to pay top-dollar for a component set that will last me many many years. I don't want to buy a component set for cheap thatll last me 6 months and i get bored. something permanent.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i just looked at the LizardSkin. it seems to be too expensive.

A little while ago I was looking at www.selectproducts.com and they had 5 gallons of sound deadening for the same price as their 2 gallons. It may not be as good, could be better, but im not going to marry this van, so going a little cheaper will still have good effects. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us