Help a New Car Audioist Out!

Kiss My |
Unregistered guest
Ok I'm pretty much broke as hell and I know Audiobahn is just pretty much crap. I'm getting DVC Audiobahn subs really cheap. I mean like 2 for $50 cheap. They are 4 ohms subs and I see all this wiring configurations for these subs. Can somebody use microsft word to draw out how I should wire these subs to an amp to get max performance. They 600 watts RMS 1200 Max. And could you tell me the ohm load it will get from the amp. The VC's look like this...

+ - + -

+ - + -

And what would be a good amp for these?

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 88
if i was u id sell the subs to some dumb kids for like 150 buks and get new subs.!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3883
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/

Kiss My |
Unregistered guest
the only problem that I have understanding that is that it look like their connecting wires together between the 2 subs and I can't do that because my box has a divider in the middle. Plus it also has monster cable connecter on them. Is it still possible to wire them like they show me. Another thing is that the amp I'm getting has 2 channels or should I just get a mono amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 58
well I guess you connect them together from the monster cable or I think you can just wire both of them like it was just one sub and hook it to each channel but I think If you do that if you wire them to a 2 ohm load then when you hook it to the amp it would see it as a 1 ohm load. Am I right glasswolf?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3890
maybe you'd be better off paying someone who knows what they're doing to install this for you.
That'll help you avoid blowing something up or setting your shoes on fire by accident.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 377
If i was you i would sell the Audiobahns, you could probably make double the money, then save up the rest and either have somebody do it for you, like a friend or a pro. That way you wont destroy you car.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 62
aiight this is what you should do... wire those 2 4 ohm subs in series and hook it to your amp. If you wire them in series the 1 sub will be 8 ohms and when you hook both them wired in series to the amp, you amp will see a 4 ohm load. Whenever you find an amp post the specs. Especially what ohm load it is stable at. Basically if your amp is stable at 4 ohms wire each sub in series. If it's stable @ 2 or less ohms then you should wire each sub in parallel. I think that should help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us