6x8 in a 6x9

Bronze Member
Username: Twiztid_blunt

Post Number: 28
Hi, I currently got a killer deal on two 6x8 speakers (it was the speakers or wait to get paid back...) I was wondering if any of you guys know a nice simple tutorial, or just an easy way to install 6x8's in 6x9 slots.

Also, I have stock speakers (pretty sure its non jbl with 6 speakers [06 camry v6 LE]) If I were to replace only two of my stock speakers for now, what would be the best way to go, back, front, etc?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 926
Usually most 6x8 Speakers will fit inside a 6x9 slot since the tabs are long enough to reach. If not, you should be able to purchase a mounting bracket to allow the speaker to fit correctly.

As far as which speakers to replace, front or rear, it appears that there are a different variety of versions of speaker setups for your vehicle. If you really have the 6 speakers, 3 1/2" in the dash & 6x9's in the front door panel and rear deck, then I would suggest replacing the rear deck speakers first.

Only reason why I suggest rear first, is because when your driving, your legs may actually be blocking the speaker, causing the volume to be reduced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us