Help with subs

Username: Mackevion

Post Number: 7
i'm new to the audio system scene and i have a couple of questions that i'm sure u experts can help me with...when i turn off my head unit i get a loud pop from my subs and also when i hit my breaks i hear a pop thru my subs also...when i unhook my rca's i dont hear the noise...it's not the gain because i barely have the gain on...
i also have another question is .5ohms better than 2...and is 4 better than 8...
also is there something that i can use to cut out the engine noise that i'm hearing....i know it's a lot to answer but u guys are the best so please help

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 86
the lower ohm means u can draw more power to ur amp, and the higher ohm means lower power. it depends how much rms ur amp needs. i dunno why ur subs pop tho.! if u wanna reduce engine noise get some dynamat.

Username: Mackevion

Post Number: 8
ok i have another question...i'm getting engine noise through my subs...dont they make a noise filter to filter out the engine noise

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 87
thats weird.! wat kind of subs do u have if there sony then its the subs. but yea there shouldent be engine noise going thro the amp to the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 182
you most likely have your power and rca's running down the same side of your car

Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

swans right, make sure your power and RCA's are on separate sides of your car, it'll cut down noises, if that doesn't help, you should get a Sub-sonic filter...that may take away some of the unwanted noises your getting, your amp may have one built in...

Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

swans right, make sure your power and RCA's are on separate sides of your car, it'll cut down noises, if that doesn't help, you should get a Sub-sonic filter...that may take away some of the unwanted noises your getting, your amp may have one built in...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us