Question for GlassWolf

Username: Soul_karver

Randolph, WI USA

Post Number: 7
Hey, I saw pictures of your car audio setup on your website... it is really awesome! Anyway, I was just wondering... where did you buy your car audio gear (especially the head unit)?

~Soul Karver

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3832
which system were you looking at?
the alpine 9813 came from etronics.com if I recall.
the pioneer and orion gear all came from the shop wher I worked, and consequently were direct purchases from Pioneer USA and Orion Inc.

Username: Soul_karver

Randolph, WI USA

Post Number: 8
yeah i was looking at the one in the jeep with the alpine 9813... i really like that equalizer.

Anyway... right now I'm deciding whether i should get the Alpine 9831 or the Alpine 9833. I think the only difference between the two is that the Alpine 9833 has the V-drive amp and the Bass Engine Pro... but I think I might be satisfied with the Bass Engine Plus on the 9831. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I need the extra watts that the 9833 has (26 rms compared to 18 rms on the 9831) to drive my 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" 2-way speakers (50w RMS/100w peak) and my 2 Sony Xplod 6"x9" 3-way speakers (45w RMS/220w peak) and still sound good and loud enough to match my RF Punch DVC 12" Subwoofers with a 2-Channel 140w RMS x2 MTX amp... I might get an amp for my full range speakers in the future but it probably wouldn't be for a while so I probably will use my HUs internal amp. If you could help me decide if I need the extra power for my full range speakers to make them sound better that would be great!

P.S. The are some really nice computers on your site too!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us